Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-29-2005, 09:56 PM

Default ($6.50 2-table) Taking advantage of tightness close to bubble

Hand #1

6-handed

blinds 300/600, ante 50

Hero on the button (t4445): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

3 folds , Hero pushes all-in t4395. apologies for not noting SB and BB stack sizes but they both have enough to hurt me, i have both covered. [i have also battled back from a shortstack].

Hand #2

5-handed

blinds 400/800

3 folds , Hero in SB (t4345 after 50 ante and 400 SB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villian in BB (t1500 after posting 50 ante and 800 BB) is now shortstack after the button (t1995 after posting 50 ante) is one of the three who folded.
Hero raises to t2400.

comments.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: ($6.50 2-table) Taking advantage of tightness close to bubble

hand 1 is fine, hand 2 is very marginal but I have shoved with worse. the problem is if the shortstack is any kind of player he's calling here with less than 2BB if he folds.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:06 AM

I think it's time to sack up and hit those $11s Desdia.

Yugoslav
Old 10-30-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 is fine, hand 2 is very marginal but I have shoved with worse. the problem is if the shortstack is any kind of player he's calling here with less than 2BB if he folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but if he also calls and loses, then he is OOTM. the point being is that, he doesn't know what my hand is so is he gonna risk calling with any two or will he call with a good hand? play has tightened up as the blinds have gotten bigger and the number of players has shrunk. i'm betting on the fact that he wasn't gonna call with any two and risk going out before the other short stack and that he doesn't have a good hand. even if he calls and i lose the hand, i'm still in better shape than the button player or close.