Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Odd AQ hand

The button here is a 41/4.46/.7 over ~100 hands. I didn't see a big advantage to reraising with AQ here preflop, but I felt my hand was too strong to consider folding.

Anyone prefer a flop 3-bet, c/r, lead? Anyone prefer just betting out on the turn?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

River: (12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Odd AQ hand

I prefer a 3bet, you may get others to fold.
If I took your line, I like to check raise the flop. wa/wb is not going to work with others in there. I think we need to try and win this now, face the field with 2, and go from there.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 AM

3 bet preflop to try and get rid of BB and MP. Then lead the flop and go from there.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 AM

Preflop seems ok - Crap position, Not such a great PT read on villan, Unfoldable hand IMO.

Button looks like he had QQ? JJ? 4%pfr is pretty dam low by 100hands so thats not even every unique hand so hard to say.

MP - I've got him on junky 2pair? weak ace? flush draw(On flop anyhow, turn bet is wierd but bluff to scoop pot when folded too?)

So i reckon we're ahead often here, during hand i'd probably have raised the flop and bet turn or called down to a reraise.

However i think this is wrong, let QQ/JJ/TT bluff it and you cant protect from flush anyhow although you do give gutshots odds to peel(bad).

MP got aggressive on the turn again but as you checked to him its kind of expected. if the turn gets checked through that would suck.

personally during the hand i Raise, bet turn, bet river(call down if they play back at me).
Old 12-07-2005, 11:26 AM

I think that I prefer the flop c/r. This seems strange to me why you didn't do this. If you c/r you're giving MP 5:1 to call so he's making a mistake if he calls with lesser pairs or TPNK. I know you're a good player so I'd like to know you're thinking on this as a c/r in this postition would've been pretty standard for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM

preflop RR! , flop RR, , turn ok, these people are fish, makeem pay, tptk isnt a slowplay hand! i dont slowplay sets here anymore...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:54 AM

In actual play, I would c/r the flop as that is what my instinct is and I don't think enough while playing.

Investing thought, I would still c/r but am not particularly convinced it is right. I agree with those who pointed out that WA/WB doesn't apply since it is a multi-way pot. I prefer to c/r the flop rather than lead or wait for the turn since the pot is big enough that I want to thin the field somewhat. The reason for my uncertainty about what is the best line is that the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are small enough that the board isn't as scary as it could be.

With your line, do you still c/r the turn if button calls?