Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Question for Swedes

What about norwegians? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In norway we have a high education level aswell, and everyone has access to the internet. Poker has gotten pretty big in norway, but I think not as big as in sweden. I also see alot of good swedes at the tables
Old 11-11-2005, 07:02 AM

Norwegians own high limit HU poker don't they?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:28 AM

I also frequent a norwegian pokerforum: pokersiden.no. The posters there mainly suck and likes to post badbeat histories or brag about how they turned their 50$ deposit into 250$ in one session. But there are also some high quality players, and most of them play high stakes limit.
I'm not sure if HU is their speciallity, but I know they play shorthanded

edit: I came across this site http://www.smartgambler.com/index.php?/smart/the_team yesterday and the guy named Lagerbord supposedly busted another high stakes limit player named Bengt for about 20.000$ playing HU a couple of days ago. I guess he can play some HU, hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 07:55 AM

hehe, I'm from Linköping too... my family knows erik sagström aswell [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Not sure why swedish people tend to do better than other countries(generally) but I do know it's definetly not limited to only poker
Old 11-11-2005, 10:42 AM

Commercials for poker sites every 15 min here on every channel. There is no education system except for newspaper culumns and a few magazines.
I dont know why linköping, but university city may be the reason.

Biggest reason of them all is I think the highly developed broadband here. Maybe more than half of the swedes got between 0,5 and 100Mbit.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe, I'm from Linköping too... my family knows erik sagström aswell [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Not sure why swedish people tend to do better than other countries(generally) but I do know it's definetly not limited to only poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you define doing better.
Statistics show that the average swede lose about 1k/year playing poker, but of course thats a fact for every other country as well.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Statistics show that the average swede lose about 1k/year playing poker, but of course thats a fact for every other country as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Where did you read that? Can you post a link?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1k SEK? Otherwise you guys must have some big [censored] whales [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]