Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 AM

Default KK line check

200NL, pretty loose-passive table, 8-handed. Both hero and villain have effective stacks of ~200.
Reads on villain are that he has been pretty tight and betting hard when in a hand. Hasn't shown down any of those yet.

Three limpers to hero in button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], hero makes it 10 to go, only bb(villain) calls.

Flop (Pot:~27)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks
Hero bets 20
Villain min-raises to 40
Hero calls(???)

Turn (Pot: ~107)
J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain pushes his remaining ~150
Hero?????

I was planning to do that on a blank turn but J didn't seem THAT blank... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks guys,

Saku
Old 11-16-2005, 06:05 AM

Default Re: KK line check

I 3-bet the flop. His minraise could be a flush draw trying to get a free card.

At the 25NL level I call his push. I don't know how much better the competition at 200NL is, would he do this with just a flush draw or TP?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet the flop. His minraise could be a flush draw trying to get a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean 3-bet and fold to a push or 3-bet and call a push? 'cause if i would 3-bet it would have to be around ~100, which would pretty much commit me to the pot, right?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:30 AM

First off, I like to raise more with limpers in ahead of me, especially in a loose game which you said this was. I would have raised to ~$16 and gone from there.

Next, against a player who has been pushing hard and not showing anything down, I probably make a stand here. I don't think he would push so hard with QQ/JJ/22/55 in this situation. The turn bet is a serious overbet which seems a bit much to me if the villain has a real monster*. I think you see A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a similar hand here pretty often.

SpaceAce
* Although, given your stack size, he could just be assuming you'll call with anything you called the flop with.