Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Re: *Almost* a fight!

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, if a guy swears at you, don't run up to him all mad. Ask him calmly why he swore at you. Then if he gives you major lip, you can tell him, "Relax, it's just a friendly game."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. That makes people much more mad than hitting them.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:15 AM

What a dumb thing to start a fight about.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:45 AM

You were wrong, but I think your sh*t has been sufficiently jumped throughout this thread so I'm not going to pile on. I guess the thing I would encourage you to do is let this rest for a couple of days. Come back after you've had a chance to reflect on this and re-read your post. Re-read everyone's responses...and LEARN from them. If you fail to do this, my guess is that it will not be another 10 years before your next fight, and the cops might not laugh it off next time.

Pep.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I repeatedly said "Say it to my face" with some motherfu<font color="red"></font>ckers and such mixed in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want you to know that I absolutely LOVED the way you phrased this.

Edit: Okay, now that I've read the post, I see that you want a 1-on-1 confession. I'm similar in that I haven't been in a fight for a long long time. If cops were around, I would gladly accept their help. If they're not, it could get pretty ugly, as I'm looking to incapacitate a person rather than break their will to fight; I'm not a large enough guy to take chances.

Edit 2: I can't believe I spent so much time reading this thread! I want my 15 minutes back!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:06 AM

Being 27, cheap and married I spend less time at bars because I got a beer meister.

However I still have many friends who spend much time in the bars. Which reminds me of a time at a bar over the holidays. As we are leaving my friend decides that he needs to punch this guy in the face. Three quick punches.

On punch one I thought, "Hey why is he hitting this guy?"

Punch two, " How many friends does this guy have? I count four."

Punch three, "Oh crap, there are five of us, but two will run like someone lit their ass on fire."

This looks like trouble. So I grab my buddy rip him away from this guy. Forearm shiver the guy to the ground and rush everyone out the door.

That was my first fight since I was a Freshman in college and some hardass thought he could kick in my friends apartment window and do donuts on his front lawn. Ended up breaking the guys elbow.

Amazingly no cops in either situation.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:15 AM

I enjoyed reading this post, it was a funny story.

Lawrence
Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone threw me to the ground when I had neither threatened physical violence upon them nor attempted to harm them in any way, I would do something. In the heat of the moment, it may have been to call the cops if I felt I was in danger. Or I may file a restraining order against the person later. Or I may turn around and brawl with the guy and regret it later. But I wouldn't have taken it lightly.

Of course, we weren't there and didn't see the actual situation. He may have way over-reacted. But from the way you are describing it, I think his actions were reasonable. Sure, he may have been completely in the wrong about the call, but that doesn't give you any right to shove the guy to the ground.

-Brian

[EDIT]: What do you think the "manly" thing to do is? Would you have preferred if he got up and lunged at you and you guys got in a serious fight over a tennis game? Or is the manly thing to do to shrug it off and let some guy shove you around? Just curious what the "manly" thing to do is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pussy.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:13 AM

How I would have handled it:

I would certainlky have gotten in his face for the "[censored] You". I would have kept on him and kept on him in his face, but without touching him, until it was obvious he wasn't going to do anything about it. I probably would have invited him to start something. It seems pretty obvious the guy wouldn't. It would have made it clear I wasn't going to take his [censored] but without actually fighting the guy.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:56 AM

my name is johnnybeef for a reason...cuz i was a big meat head in college. my buddies and i used to get into fights almost every weekend. before i learned how to control my temper, i never would "consider" anything, if i was drunk and pissed, i would go into attack mode. that being said my answer is no, i would never call the police, you can tell this guy that beefcake thinks this guy is a pussy next time you see him.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:39 AM

here's an idea. give him the point. then after the game, go up to him and say "look man,
i'm sorry for the shit i've given you. we've been acting like little girls, and
i'd appreciate if we could both make a little extra effort to get along in the future."

he'll probably stop being an asshole if you just start treating him well, and even if he
doesn't you gave him a reason to. too dr. phil for you? fine, i guess you prefer catfighting
with a pussy every time you play tennis.