Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: I found $640: now what?

I think it is cool that you turned it in and you made the totally correct but difficult choice, although I would have wanted a better guarantee. Who is to say that if no one claims it that the tellers friend doesnt come in and "claim" it?

The fact that the money is important to you makes the decision all the better. If you keep making decisions like that in life you will go far because almost inevitably, good things happen to such people.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:19 PM

you could have let them know you found some money in the parking lot and left your number. if anyone lost the money have them call you, then you ask them how much it was and in what denominations. that way you dont get screwed over by the bank people.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:20 PM

i think the bank will probably ask some questions so this shouldnt be too big of an issue.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He put the money in a bag on top of the car and it blew off.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no words for this. The only way that large sums of money will ever end up on the side of the road is if someone is a total moron - like the character described in this story.

That's why if I ever find money on the side of the road, and there's no wrecked Brinks truck around, I'm collecting every last goddamn cent and not saying a word to anybody.

Idiots should suffer for their idiocy.

yasher
Old 12-03-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you could have let them know you found some money in the parking lot and left your number. if anyone lost the money have them call you, then you ask them how much it was and in what denominations. that way you dont get screwed over by the bank people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. You are doing the right thing for the person as anybody who lost the money would probably go back to the bank if they were looking.

And, you are keeping things as simple as possible by staying in control of the situation. You and the person who lost the money know how much money was lost. Nobody else knows, so the chance of dishonesty is miniscule.

My problem with returning to the bank and having them hold it is that it introduces a lot of dishonesty potential.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you keep making decisions like that in life you will go far because almost inevitably, good things happen to such people.

[/ QUOTE ]
This strikes me as a ridiculously stupid comment. Drawing a causal relationship between this decision and having good things happen to you is not just a huge stretch, it's pretty clearly logically wrong. It is much clearer that good things (like 30 lap dances) would've happened to OP if he had just taken the money.

I'm not advocating taking the money--I think OP did the right thing. But making a decision like this because of karma rather than morals is stupid.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:02 PM

Glad it worked out for you man.