Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Game trends / time of day

Anyone noticed any perticular time of day (or day of the week for that matter) being softer than other times and days?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Game trends / time of day

Sure, 8 PM EST-2:30 AM EST is typically the softest the games will be, since the most amount of players (IE Drunk players) are on the tables.

This is true on Fridays x3.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, 8 PM EST-2:30 AM EST is typically the softest the games will be, since the most amount of players (IE Drunk players) are on the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, except the part about Friday might be a bit of an exaggeration.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over my winter break, I pretty much played poker full time. Games during the day were much tougher than the ones I played at night. I would generally play all night, sometimes up until 7 or 8 in the morning (CDT), but during the day, the players were much better. I would say the difference has more to do with better players than people being drunk (tho that might account for something). The difference was just too great.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:21 AM

[quote
Agreed, except the part about Friday might be a bit of an exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno.......
Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a UK player, this means that I have never played at the juciest times! No wonder the 3/6 games seem tight.

Does this mean that UK pros should aim to play between 01:00 and 07:30 GMT?
Old 03-30-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've always thought too. During the recent US Poker Championship on ESPN I saw John Dagostino say he gets up at 3am and plays til mid morning, sleeps awhile then plays during the hours above. I haven't played much during these early morning times, anyone have any experience then?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also the time that the vast majority of professional multitablers play. I've found some really good games between 11 AM and 3 PM Pacific time. The total number of seats being filled isn't is high as during primetime, but a lot of that has to do with the lack of multitablers.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I've always thought too. During the recent US Poker Championship on ESPN I saw John Dagostino say he gets up at 3am and plays til mid morning, sleeps awhile then plays during the hours above. I haven't played much during these early morning times, anyone have any experience then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great time to play, cause it's during the day in teh UK, and all those guys are fish!

Freakin
Old 03-30-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great time to play, cause it's during the day in teh UK, and all those guys are fish!

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to play against UK fish, you want to play US afternoons.

UKFISH