Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Cats or Dogs? Both? Neither?
Both 9 12.86%
Neither 5 7.14%
Dogs 32 45.71%
Cats 24 34.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 05:12 AM

Default It feels good to deliver a bad buy every now and then (some content)

I felt like bb was weak, so I didn't 3bet turn (setting up for a river c/r). Then for some reason I decide to bet out to try and get a 3-bet on river. Anyways, here goes:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7h 9d (four of a kind, nines).
BB has Qc Qs (full house, queens full of nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>
Old 02-28-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: It feels good to deliver a bad buy every now and then (some content)

Man that's soo the perfect card for your river cr plan. Follow through!
Old 02-28-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: It feels good to deliver a bad buy every now and then (some content)

Yah i think its a good card for a river c/r too. But your line SHOULD have brought 3 bets in. I cant believe that guy didnt raise the river.

-Mike
Old 02-28-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah i think its a good card for a river c/r too. But your line SHOULD have brought 3 bets in. I cant believe that guy didnt raise the river.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I felt the same way too. Especially since I didn't 3-bet the turn. Had I 3-bet the turn with trips, I would've been more inclined for the c/r on the river.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:52 AM

That's quite a read for the villian to put you on the case nine.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: It feels good to deliver a bad buy every now and then (some conten

I'm not a fan of how you played this.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 PM

i think you should 3bet turn, call the cap... call river unimproved.

i have mixed emotions about sucking out. on the one hand i feel like a donkey, but on the other hand it feels good to be on the giving side for a change. so i would say it is player dependant, if i suckout on a jackass.. he deserved it. if i suckout on an ok person, oops my bad... but i really don't feel that bad.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:25 PM

Hard to believe nobody wants to fold this preflop. Failing a fold, why not try a raise?

I really don't like completing with offsuit crap out of position getting nothing much by way of pot odds.

Guy.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:37 PM

it is certainly an avg hand.

sometimes i complete this, sometimes i dont. i have started completing it a little more.

against an overly tight blind, a raise does make sense.

against the avg BB who will likely call your raise with almost any 2- a raise does not make much sense.

i kind of like completeing this b/c i am taking an avg hand vs a random hand. i have 2 ways of winning, flop hits me or it misses us both b/c i plan on leading.

i may fold pf to an overly aggressive BB.

that's my thoughts, not claiming they are more proper.