Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

TT,

This is a fairly ridiculous suggestion you make here. I believe Zenith no longer makes the internals for Rolex and that it might've only been for the Daytona model.

I still think almost everyone cares more about the EXTERNALS of a watch though. Rolex provides timeless styles that justify spending a bit more.

A good tip would be not to get one brand just to get that brand (Rolex is probably huge here), but instead to figure out a price range and style and really do some research.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

This is a fairly ridiculous suggestion you make here. I believe Zenith no longer makes the internals for Rolex and that it might've only been for the Daytona model.

I still think almost everyone cares more about the EXTERNALS of a watch though. Rolex provides timeless styles that justify spending a bit more.

A good tip would be not to get one brand just to get that brand (Rolex is probably huge here), but instead to figure out a price range and style and really do some research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a link that states they no longer make the internals? This is information I received last year during a client brief. I think its a fairly good recommendation for someone on a budget yet still wants a signature time piece.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 01:19 PM

http://www.secondtimeround.com/cosmo...20history.html

[ QUOTE ]
Rolex's latest addition to the Daytona hysteria was launched at the end of 2000. The 116520 which like the rest of Rolex's models has an extra 1 prefix to differentiate it from the others. There have been a few dial refinements but the main difference is the fact that Rolex are now using an in house movement instead of the old Zenith one.

[/ QUOTE ]