Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: I spent $70 playing the $2 speed rebuy on Party

That tournament is soooooooo +EV and a lot of fun

You can build a big stack early and not need to keep rebuying. All the other morans keep rebuying for 1k in chips when the avg stack is way over 10k and blinds are 1k each. At that point most have 0% chances of winning and are really contributing dead money to the big stacks. When I play this it is aggressive early then I quit rebuying once I bust out and the blinds are over 400 or so. Usually 2000 entrants with 10000 rebuys. Big prize pool for little investment. Unless, of course, you rebuy 35 times.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That tournament is soooooooo +EV and a lot of fun

You can build a big stack early and not need to keep rebuying. All the other morans keep rebuying for 1k in chips when the avg stack is way over 10k and blinds are 1k each. At that point most have 0% chances of winning and are really contributing dead money to the big stacks. When I play this it is aggressive early then I quit rebuying once I bust out and the blinds are over 400 or so. Usually 2000 entrants with 10000 rebuys. Big prize pool for little investment. Unless, of course, you rebuy 35 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of the morons who kept rebuying. I am not sure if it is true that you don't have a chance later in the rebuy period. Just win a couple of pots in a row and you are a big stack. I think dead money is based more on the quality of play.

I didn't gamble a lot early in the rebuy period with small blinds. I am not going allin preflop with marginal hands in that situation.

I did kind of have the plan to use the rebuy glitch to build a big stack early, but this didn't work out.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure if it is true that you don't have a chance later in the rebuy period.

[/ QUOTE ]
When blinds are 300/600 and average stacks are 8-12k - I really think those rebuying at this point have very little chance. Most dont rebuy twice but if they did you would still only be buying 2 or 3 BB. I think you have a "chance" but I dont think it is +EV to keep pumping money into the tournament when your chances of winning are directly related to your stack size.

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't gamble a lot early in the rebuy period with small blinds. I am not going allin preflop with marginal hands in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not figured out the right strategy in this tournament. I think playing very loose and gambling early has big advantages. You need to get a sick stack very early in this thing to have a chance.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:56 PM

What time does this tourney run?