Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Mirage 20-40: Play This Hand Against Me

I may be wrong, but I'd tend to put you on a hand with some draw in it, TT, maybe AcKc. I'd be inclinded to raise.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do what you can to just call on the flop, then raise 2 guys on the turn. I think I lay down a couple kings here, expecting to see aces a bazillion percent of the time.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what he wants you to think. Great laydown.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Food For Thought

Here's some food for thought. It's a link to a hand I played aginast majorkong (Ed Miller).

Hawaiian Gardens 4-8: Dynasty vs. majorkong (Ed Miller)
Old 04-22-2004, 07:30 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Feeney's book is very good at discussing these topics and if you haven't bought it yet, I recommend that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

But as you know, there is a big difference in just reading it and seeing it in practice. This is where i got hung up. I think i actually had the right read, but since i rarely play against someone like this, there was a conflict for me as for what to do. Like i didnt believe it was actually happening. The old,' ...could he be? naawwww...' crap.

Im curious enough to call since i may still be in the lead, but not confident enough to 3 bet here. Unless im willing to fold for a 4 bet.

But after reading through the thread so far, I guess it's a raise/fold spot. If you're going to call it, raise it. Which the more i think about it, and i thought about it ALL DAMN DAY [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], a raise is the play.

I also remember dyno posting a hand kind of like this awhile ago where he did this with something like AQ. I think that hand involved you in the pot also, if i remember right.

So, at first read, i pussed out and called like a little girl sucking a lollipop.

Good thread.

b
Old 04-22-2004, 07:46 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Food For Thought

This is the thread i was thinking of. I thought it was with clark instead of kong though.

I am kind of suprised that most are not including AQ or AK in your hand possibilities. Then again, if i didnt see that thread earlier, i might've discounted it also.

Whether you do or not, i have a question for ya that can pertain to the old thread.

Lets say you know the hero knows you're capable of this play and he 3 bets. Could you possibly 4 bet here knowing that he may be putting you on said hand, but may fold for the 4th bet? Or would that be asking too much for him to fold at that point and he may as well just call down? The guy in the middle calling with his likely draw caught in between.

b
Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 PM

I've promised myself to cut back on offering up my opinions (which been received with less than universal praise), but I'm kind of interested in what the outcome was. It's sort of like a movie. Maybe the hero dies or maybe he triumphs, but either way, you kind of want to see it.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Thanks Clark.

Me neither. But this is precisely why it's a great post and precisely why Dynasty posted it. It's beyond most of us and a great teaching thread.

No doubt.

Great thread Dynasty. And great input from the usual cast of posters. Thanks to everyone.

Luke

Old 04-23-2004, 01:04 AM

I think the hero should have reraised or folded before the flop, either way making the hand a lot easier to play I think.

Tommy
Old 04-23-2004, 03:54 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

For some reason I keep thinking along the line that Dynasty was a stud player. Since he'll have a hard time bluffing on the river with a weaker player in I call. Our hero however has no idea of Dynasty's past abuses of the protected pot so if he's as well read as we think I can't see how he continues on except maybe for image. So he spikes a Jack on the river goes for a check raise and it checks through.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Food For Thought

The difference, it would seem to me, is that on that one you had something credible to represent. Of course, I guess in Vegas it is possible to represent sets.

I did cross my mind that you were making the raise the draw to get the best hand to fold play, but I dismissed it.