Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2003, 10:55 PM

Default Today\'s most hated Net player

Let me set the stage for you 53 players PokerStars WSOP cash seats tounament, 5 1/2 hours later now 4 players.

abc2000 26K
Maxx 9K
Miros 88K
donald 7K

1st. WSOP seat $1000 cash
2nd WSOP seat $1000 cash
3rd $10,600
4th ZERO

This is at a 15 minute break.

Deal on the table in chat is two big stacks take 1st and 2nd, and the two short stacks split 3rd ($5300 each). Miros wants to play it out and the rule is everyone deals or no one deals.

Miros wants an extra $1500 in cash plus 1st. place.

No deal and Donald is out in a couple of hands.

Comments?

MS Sunshine
Old 03-29-2003, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Today\'s most hated Net player

Miros is a personal friend of mine, so I admit I am more than a little biased in this matter, however...
I was genuinely angered by the rudeness of the railbirds towards him. He had NOTHING TO GAIN by the terms of the original deal, therefore he countered it. He offered an alternative deal that was not accepted. Frankly if I'd have been him, with two players begging to make a deal, I'd have done exactly the same. If they want to make a deal so badly, they have to be prepared to give up something to entice another party who is reluctant to deal, to agree. With the chips as they were it should be his deal or no deal. They opted for the latter.
Not that Miros will care what anyone thinks of him, however, and nor should he. But it does make me mad when I see people insulting him for having the temerity to act in his own interest rather than in that of his opponents.

Regards,
Richard
Old 03-29-2003, 11:08 PM

I'm sure that he will get Bar-B-Qed for his attempted extortion, but I only see one thing wrong. He should have countered the decline of his offer with "I'll take $600 off third and you each get $5000." I think the deal gets done at that price. Who wants to gamble on one of the next two set of blinds for $5000?

It was fun to watch the chat on this. The new Prince of Darkness in the internet poker world is named Miros.

MS Sunshine

Unless you ask for it nobody is likely to offer it to you. The small stacks should have jumped at the offer. ABC200 actually should encourage them to take it as well. The position and amount of the blinds could be important as well and might change my opinion if they are relevant.

Wow. I guess that is his choice but maybe karma will bite him in the ass. Perhaps he breaks his ankle tripping on a curb crossing the street and smacks his head unconscious on his walk over to the WSOP and has to be rushed to hospital completely missing the whole thing.

But its not like i have a voodoo miros or anything.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:07 AM

It's people like Miros who make poker an unfair game. I mean to take advantage of a situation like this. Thats as bad as those jerks who actually checkraise you. One time I saw a player expose his pocket aces when making an allin raise and the other player had the nerve to not call with his pocket kings. I mean come on, taking advantage of situations and weak players is NOT what poker is about.

So let's here it guys next pokerstars tourney lets just chop up the prize pool after the first hand, I don't want to be unfair and let superior play ruin anyones day.

Truly,

The only egalitarian poker player,

Old 03-30-2003, 12:25 AM

Wow, GREAT POST.
I think you are exactly right, Miros did the right thing.

G316K@aol.com
Old 03-30-2003, 12:31 AM

"I'll take $600 off third and you each get $5000." I think the deal gets done at that price.

wasn't he saying "I'll take $1500 off third and you each get $4550"?

Who wants to gamble on one of the next two set of blinds for $5000?

they wanted to gamble on one of the next two set of blinds for $4550

having said that, Miros had about a 10% chance of not coming first or second, so there should have been a bit of pressure on him to just take the likely first or second prize there and then without further risk
Old 03-30-2003, 12:51 AM

3rd is almost the same prize and personally the one I would want. If he plans to play zero hands then he has very little risk playing out, but the other three players all have alot of risk and him agreeing to a deal lets him have a chance at a premium. I don't pay a $750 one, but I would pay the $300, but I would ask the guy with 27K to chip in too, so the two of us don't eat the whole cost.

Yeah, they are getting held-up, but what are you going to do? Would you take a dead-even bet getting $5300 to your $5000? If you will not take that bet then you should pay $300 to lose the risk on this bet. IMO

MS Sunshine

p.s. Round numbers in deals seals more of them.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:07 AM

I am no expert on these things, never having had the opportunity to participate in one of these deals so perhaps some of you with experience could fill me in on the rules and protocols of final table deal-making. What is the protocol for making these deals from miro's point of view? Is he required to make a deal? Can he negotiate or must he take what is offered by the rest of the table? If he makes a counter-offer must the other players accept it because he is chip leader?

I am really serious.