Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Default A Few Hands of River Play

Just curious on the consensus opinion of the best play.

Sorry about the manual format - EuroBet HH's not being sent.

Party 2/4

Hand 1
10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

Folded to CO who open raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. SB checks, I check, CO bets, SB calls, I raise, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, CO calls, SB calls.

River [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, CO calls, SB checkraises...

Hand 2
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO. MP1 limps, MP2 limps, I raise, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. BB bets, limpers fold, I raise, BB calls.

Turn [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

River [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks...

Hand 3
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1. I raise, only CO calls.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]. I bet, CO calls.

Turn [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, CO calls.

River [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: A Few Hands of River Play

Hand 1: I call (and plan on losing most of the time).
Hand 2: I check
Hand 3: I bet and fold if raised.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:39 PM

3-bet, bet, bet
Old 06-17-2005, 12:47 PM

Hand 1: Tough decision, seems like you would have heard from him on the turn if he had 2 pair, but SB capping after you 3-bet would be terrible, so I would probably call.

Hand 2: I check, the only hands that pay you off are small pp and maybe a 7, but they should have folded by now. It's really read dependent I guess.

Hand 3: Bet-call against an unknown or tricky opponent, bet-fold if you have a read.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:53 PM

there are a lot of worse kings and possibly a queen shooting for the gutshot that are going to call a river bet in hand #2
Old 06-17-2005, 12:54 PM

Hand #1 - Lead the flop - the whole hand will play differently.
Hand #2 - Check. That card completes several of the only reasonable draws he could have by the river. Only better hands are calling worse hands are folding anyways. See your showdown for free.
Hand #3 - Bet/Call. That king makes it less likely that he's holding a K and even if he was you should've been check-raised on the turn. It's also a good card for him to bluff-check/raise so you really need to call if he does this.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of worse kings and possibly a queen shooting for the gutshot that are going to call a river bet in hand #2

[/ QUOTE ]
Name them.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Hand 1 I think is close but I'd just call and get the overcall. HU I would 3-bet.

Hand 2 I can't really think of many worse hands that pay off and you're probably splitting. If I had AK I'd say very easy bet. I doubt if a 7 bets the flop. A flush draw came on the river and a straight draw either got there or isn't paying off.

Hand 3 I don't think is close at all. Easy bet.