Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt 100% up to $600 Bonus

Does fulltilt have an affiliate program, or other forms of rakeback, on top of that bonus?
Thx.
J.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does fulltilt have an affiliate program, or other forms of rakeback, on top of that bonus?
Thx.
J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. No affiliate or referral. BOOOOO.

I've cleared about $300 in bonus so far, working on the next $100 in bonus. I never intended to go for a lot of bonus, but I'm halfway there with three weeks left. I started out with FTP as my first adventure into online poker and no real clue how to play. Started out at the .05/.10 NL tables and have worked my way up to .50/$1. With the help of 2+2 I've definitely I'm improved my game to show profit and clear this bonus to improve my bankroll. yay!

Obviously it's easier to clear faster if you play at the higher no-limit tables because when people go all in and the pot is $100 then you get max rake (of measiy 3 pts, when they rake 5%). You don't have to be in the pot, just get dealt cards. So if you are trying to clear the bonus, just play tight and you should be ok. Also faster if you multi-table.

I don't play limit so I can't tell you how the games are there. If you play NL, then you should play during the evenings and weekends as there are more players. Holidays are the best for loose players too for you to pocket some profit on top of the bonus. Mostly though, everyone seems to be pretty tight at the tables.... This is compared to the play at Doyles Room which I have just started playing and getting adjusted to.

I like that Razz is there too for me to learn. Still have no clue what I'm doing though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:21 PM

The general consensus is that Full Tilt's bonuses are much too difficult to clear. It's a pain.

It would probably be okay if Full Tilt had more players.
But nobody wants to attempt clearing a difficult bonus while playing against a bunch of rocks.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 PM

What is the buy-in structure for no-limit? Is it 100 big blinds or just 50 like Party? How many tables can you play at once there? Are the no-limit games really that beatable at night? If I just wanted to play .25/.50 NL, about how long would it take me to clear this bonus?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the buy-in structure for no-limit? Is it 100 big blinds or just 50 like Party? How many tables can you play at once there? Are the no-limit games really that beatable at night? If I just wanted to play .25/.50 NL, about how long would it take me to clear this bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

100 big blinds, 4 tables, yes the no-limit games can be that beatable if you have good table selection skills and can recognize when dropping down a level is more profitable, I don't play NLHE much these days and I don't keep track of how fast I earn the bonus but I would guess you might be earning back $1-1.50/table-hour.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For each dollar raked from a pot, every player who was dealt cards for that hand will earn one point. You can earn partial points if less than one dollar is raked, and you can earn up to three points per hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do they mean by partial points if less than one dollar is raked? Logic would imply that if 1/2 a dollar is raked, you'd earn 1/2 a point and if 1/4 dollar is raked, you'd earn 1/4 point. But I've learned that you can't always rely on logic when dealing with online poker rooms. Anyone know for sure?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this has been covered already... couldn't find anything in the search (go figure).

[/ QUOTE ]
I put "Full tilt bonus" in the search engine and got several hundred hits. (got fed up counting after about 500)
Old 01-18-2005, 04:01 PM

I am going to disagree with most about the full tilt poker bonus although I make no attempt to quantify the value of the bonus. I have only been playing there for 8 days and have cleared $300 bonus so far, guessing I am averaging 3 hours per day. I have played mostly 5-10 and 8-16 limit with a smattering of lower limit and .50/1 Nl games. I
The one drawback is that are a limited number of tables open, especially during the day but I have always been able to fins at least one 5-10 or higher game at most times. BTW I am purely a recreational player and have never played more than two tables at once. I also disagree that the games are full of rocks but they are tighter than your typical party games at the same limit.

I also like the software a lot and have not been having the crashing problems that I have had with Party in the past.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: I cleared it in three weeks

But let me tell yah, it was 3 tabling the 1-2 NLHE and sometime the 2-4 NLHE. About 3 hours a night for three str8 weeks. I dont know anyone who cleared it faster.

Forget about doing it via limit Hold'em. It'll take you a year.