Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 01:10 AM

Default Two KTs Hands

Raise Preflop? Too aggressive on flop? Turn?...

From my PokerTracker notes (who knows how many hands):
MP3 is sLP-P. CO is TP-P. Button is LP-A. BB is sLA-P.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

---

Notes on MP3: LA-P

In this hand, I checkraise the flop to clear up my K outs. I figure MP3 would put me on a flush draw and bet this turn, so I check raised that too. Comments?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Thanks!

- Jason
Old 12-28-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Two KTs Hands

I don't like betting the river in hand 1. If you both are drawing, you almost certainly have the best hand with king high. I would either check/call the river or check/fold depending on his bluff frequency.

I'm checking and calling the flop in hand 2. Turn check/raise and river bet look good.

Brad
Old 12-28-2004, 01:37 AM

I generally won't raise KTs in EP or MP, some may...
You should know how many hands you have against the players you have notes on. Since the smaller the sample the more likely they are to be incorrect. If you're using the advanced export feature you might want to add in total hands.

Hand 1: I would either check/fold the turn or the river...I think. Probably the turn since the pots so small and unless I counted wrong you've got 7 non-diamond outs. It'd be close though if you disregarded the flush possibility. But I've been calling the turn to often lately and am trying to tighten up my turn play a bit. This would be one of the times I'd probably dump it.

hand 2: bet out on the flop, you have the second nut flush draw. You want to build a pot more than you want to protect your hand. If you had bet out you may have been raised by mp3 giving you the opportunity to 3 bet. I don't like the c/r on the turn. I think I'd probably just call here, though that decision may be tainted by the fact that I've seen the river card. Still though, I would usually call the turn. If I hit my flush I might go for a c/r on the river if I think he'll bet. If I miss I'll just call down.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:10 AM

I fold KTs in EP. Too tight?
Old 12-28-2004, 05:10 AM

If the table is loose and passive I'll limp with it in EP. I raise it first in from MP2 and later. Sometimes raise in the CO &amp; button if there's been a couple of weak limpers. If the table is tight or there's alot of pf raising I'm more inclined to fold it in EP and MP.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 PM

The river bet in hand one is pretty bad I think. I guess my thinking was "What % of the time did this guy miss his straight draw?" If that's close to 1-6, then a bet here might be correct.

With the 8 coming on the river though, it's possible this was calling with an 8 and a straight draw. The J is part of many draw hands here, so I think my betting out the draws thinking is not working on this hand because even if he was drawing, he picked up decent hand anyway.

- Jason
Old 12-28-2004, 01:51 PM

You should know how many hands you have against the players you have notes on.

When playing, I definately pay attention to how many hands these reads are based on. When posting, I'm too lazy to get that info.

RE Hand 1: On the turn, I've got a double gut-shot, and one semi-clean over. But I have no idea where the villain is at. I'm folding to a raise here, giving him credit for the completed straight. Again, I think a check/fold is good for the river because I missed everything.

Is betting these draws on the turn wrong? I'm thinking I can get a smaller pair to fold here.

- Jason
Old 12-28-2004, 01:54 PM

I'll fold a K9s in EP. Limping with KT is a bit loose, but probably profitable at a loose passive table.

- Jason
Old 12-28-2004, 01:55 PM

Hand 1 - Don't open limp in MP2 - either raise or fold. Flop bet good. Turn bet good. River bet isn't great but the fold is. I would check-fold.

Hand 2 - Preflop limp good. Easy flop bet. I would not try to check-raise the turn unless my opponent is pretty aggressive because there's a good chance it will be checked thru. Since he bet anyway, the checkraise is very good. River bet is standard.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:58 PM

Hand 2 Flop: I didn't think of the bet and three-bet option. I guess it comes down to how much do I want to build the pot and how much do I want to drive away an A?

With QTs here, I think driving away overcards is the right option because you have 2 of them to worry about. KTs is a little safer and building is probably the way to go.

I was also thinking about disguising my flush draw with the raise here. People at these limits usually see a check-raise on a draw board as trying to push out the drawers. I'd also be able to narrow down any cold-callers on a flush draw as well.