Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like a visa check card? You can't have one of those until you're 18. And you can't deposit with a MAC or STAR card or anything. So whose did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the UK FYI
I used by own card.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, not all teenagers are little kids. I have better money management than half of the donks I play with. I've been playing poker since last July and have had some moderate success. I have won between $7000-$8000 (didn't keep track of my arly withdrawals). I say that not all teenagers are little kids is because I am 16. Sixteen. I make more money playing poker than all my friends do working for $7.25 at Target (however I did just get a real job). You must be thinking, darn kids these days - all they do is sit in front of the computer screen! Well no. A "kid" is allowed to be 1)Smart 2)Have good morals and be 3)Social.

Please, younger kids do not pose any threat to you at the poker table whatsoever. They are just another name sitting behind a computer someonwhere in the world, playing the exact same game you older ppl are, with the exact same rules, seeing the exact same cards.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, younger kids do not pose any threat to you at the poker table whatsoever. They are just another name sitting behind a computer someonwhere in the world, playing the exact same game you older ppl are, with the exact same rules, seeing the exact same cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously do not understand that the threat you pose is larger than what you describe here. The threat is that the US Government will explicitly make online gambling illegal for all because under age kids are playing online and losing their college funds. As soon as they prosecute a few online players, the game will be dead in the USA...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason some folks will refer to you as little kids, becuase you cant see the big picture and the world as you know it ends at the tip of your nose.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like a visa check card? You can't have one of those until you're 18. And you can't deposit with a MAC or STAR card or anything. So whose did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in the UK FYI
I used by own card.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, not all teenagers are little kids. I have better money management than half of the donks I play with. I've been playing poker since last July and have had some moderate success. I have won between $7000-$8000 (didn't keep track of my arly withdrawals). I say that not all teenagers are little kids is because I am 16. Sixteen. I make more money playing poker than all my friends do working for $7.25 at Target (however I did just get a real job). You must be thinking, darn kids these days - all they do is sit in front of the computer screen! Well no. A "kid" is allowed to be 1)Smart 2)Have good morals and be 3)Social.

[/ QUOTE ]

smartalecc I cant PM you, do you have a AIM SN?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Is this your first cashout? I think your mistake was waiting to cash out such a huge sum when you knew you were already at risk by being underage. I have never dealt with prima but it sounds like their CS sucks. I have no advice for you. But I am interested to see what happens. If you get screwed, lesson learned. Redeposit somewhere else when you turn 18 with your minwage from target.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 PM

On another note. If I was 40 and had a pretty bright 15 year old. I would set up an account for him to play poker for money. I would take 50 percent for backing him of course.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On another note. If I was 40 and had a pretty bright 15 year old. I would set up an account for him to play poker for money. I would take 50 percent for backing him of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have kids and see if you still feel this way. You do realize that most people who play poker lose (even the extremely smart ones)? Some people even fall into the addiction of gambling and it destroys their lives. Is this what you would want from your bright (but immature and impressionable) 15 year old?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that even 18 year olds are kids. I'm only 25 now, but I look back at what I thought I knew when I was 18 and I didn't know [censored].

To the OP. You broke the rules of the site when you signed on. Therefore, they have every right to take your money and leave you with nothing. I hope for your sake they don't, but don't be surprised if/when they do.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have kids and see if you still feel this way. You do realize that most people who play poker lose (even the extremely smart ones)? Some people even fall into the addiction of gambling and it destroys their lives. Is this what you would want from your bright (but immature and impressionable) 15 year old?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why I WILL encourage my kids if and when they want to play poker. . . So I can supervise it and them.

They will have hot and cold streaks much longer than they think streaks can be; I can help them put it into perspective. If they feel addicted to the game (as can happen with any game), I can help them deal with it. If they get frustrated with bad beats, I can help them cope. If they have a super-successful streak, I can try to keep it from going to their heads.

Because all these things WILL happen eventually. It may not be until college. . . and it may not be poker, it may be craps (with no chance to win, long-term) or drugs or sex or booze or fundamentalist religion. They will find something that gives them a high, and it can be addicting as well as exhilirating. And, occasionally, that thing will also be depressing or crushing.

Poker is a a little bit of life in a nutshell, so I think it's a great learning ground for dealing with all those things. You can't hide the world from your kids -- I think the best thing is to expose them to it a little at a time while you're still able to be around to help them deal with it.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

smartalecc I cant PM you, do you have a AIM SN?

[/ QUOTE ]

aim me at smartalecc5.