Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:44 PM

Default TT rivered set...3bet wtih flush?

villain has literally just posted. who 3bets the set here? The flop raise/check turn line i expect with a draw, but im a little confsued here.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 10-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: TT rivered set...3bet wtih flush?

I might've 3-bet the river, but your line seems all right to me. Only 3 combos of JT are possible, and you do have to at least consider backdoor flush hands that contain the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. (Maybe the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is more likely, as far as that goes.) A 76 hand that Villain caught with on the turn and then decided to slowplay is also a thought.

MP2's range should be kind of wide here, since he posted, but I don't really see many non-flush hands that the ten on the river should have improved. T5s? T4s? I suppose these are possible, but that's only two more combos.

Villain could be bluff-raising with a hand he'll pay off with, or he could in fact have JT. But just calling the river raise seems okay to me. I'm not sure you really want to open yourself up to a cap.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: TT rivered set...3bet wtih flush?

I think you three bet at 2/4.

At the higher limits, worse hands like two pair and AJ will fold to the three bet. Additionally their river raise is a bluff more often which never gets the extra BB with the 3-bet. But when they are ahead, they will call or cap much more often.

At 2/4 inferior hands commonly call the three bet.