Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on seeking your own level

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't affect the play any, but typing is hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

we all see that lacky.. you need to go back to 4th grade. (yes yes, i see the jokes coming now about me being there like 4 years ago, so shove it). don worry lack, if anyone knows about variance its you and me. keep grindin out that rent money an ill keep taking shots. eventually ill have money. youll see. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds very much like a friendlier version of a conversation between Worm and Knish.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
true up to a point, but my point was the extra $/hour comes at a definate price. Say a player can 4 table $55's for 15% ROI. Thats about $33 per set. If that same player can beat the $11's for 40%, thats $17.6 per set, and the sets are shorter. So, going up 5x in limit, you go up about 1.6x in $/hour and have much more losing days to work through.

[/ QUOTE ]

have some balls lacky. yes, of course you will have lower variance and way fewer losing days playing a lower limit, and yes, you will make less. yes, you will have greater piece of mind. NO you wont make as much. DING DING DING. ill play anything that i can make the most at. period. doesnt really matter to me. if it was 20 tabling the 10+1s, i would do that. (probably pretty tough, but id give it a shot).

for every player, they will have a bell curve type of graph if they were to chart the amount of money they could make per hour at each level. one of the keys to professional poker is to find the peak of your mountain.

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember Knish's hugely underrated line: "My kids eat."

Lacky has multiple kids to support, and no other bankroll to support them with if he runs into some fiercely bad luck inside or outside poker.

It's an entirely different set of needs he brings to poker than many people have; definitely entirely different than yours. Your responsibilites in life are almost non-existent; his are by comparison almost infinite.

So it's not strictly at all about the ideal dollars per hour you earn, finding it, and exploiting it. That's just one part of a complicated puzzle that has different solutions for every player.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember Knish's hugely underrated line: "My kids eat."

Lacky has multiple kids to support, and no other bankroll to support them with if he runs into some fiercely bad luck inside or outside poker.

It's an entirely different set of needs he brings to poker than many people have; definitely entirely different than yours. Your responsibilites in life are almost non-existent; his are by comparison almost infinite.

So it's not strictly at all about the ideal dollars per hour you earn, finding it, and exploiting it. That's just one part of a complicated puzzle that has different solutions for every player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you might believe that i am being mean to the ol dinosaur. me an lacky converse on a daily basis about poker and life, etc. im just making jokes cuz im a joker. hah. hah. joke. funny. i know he has a full family to support, as well as a newborn baby girlie to watch over. he is, and should be, an inspirational figure to us degenerate gamblers. a poker player with self control, who plays within his bankroll, and in doing so, achieves victory. HAIL LACKY. holla
Old 05-20-2005, 06:34 AM

Yeah, I know you guys are friends. He and I talk too. Just pointing out that he's not so much lacking balls as just adapting to his situation, cuz he's got a lot farther to fall than you do if he falls.

I admire his tenacity and ability and helpfulness, too. There are plenty of guys on 2+2 who make way more money than he does who I don't admire or root for nearly as much.