Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 04:05 PM

Default JTs from CO w/3 limpers

Reads:Villain is ~80/25 after 20 hands. He has been raising with anything (J6, T7 and 3bet 36o against 3 opponents). Postflop pretty passive. UTG+1 is 80/0 and again very passive postflop. MP2 has been tight preflop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Villain calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Preflop=standard?
On the flop I think I'm ahead so raise to try and knock out any flush draws.
I think I played the turn OK. After the 3bet I went into call down mode. I figure from what I have seen from him I will win this hand often enough to make this call profitable. Did I play this hand OK?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: JTs from CO w/3 limpers

Raise pf, rest is standard, imo.

-d
Old 04-26-2005, 04:08 PM

I might raise this preflop as long as villain doesn't like to limp reraise junk for the hell of it. Postflop is fine.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:10 PM

Grunching.

The only thing I'd do differently is raise pf. If your passive post-flop read on villain was over more than 20 hands, I think one could make an argument for just calling down the turn on this scary board.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Super easy preflop raise, I like the rest.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:18 PM

I considered raising pf but my line of thinking was that JT plays best against many players so I wanted the blinds in as well and a raise might make them fold. Is this wrong?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I considered raising pf but my line of thinking was that JT plays best against many players so I wanted the blinds in as well and a raise might make them fold. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily "wrong", but just think of it differently:

you already have their money whether they stay in the hand or not- you're only losing .5sb from the small blind. if you leave them in, their junk may suck out on you, plus the limpers behind you will stay in for 1 bet, so you make more by getting the blinds and their junk to fold and getting everyone to pay more now.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM

Perhaps this is a leak in my game, but...whenever I have position on a player like your villain, I just love to raise him whenever he limps preflop, and I have a semi-decent hand. I hate seeing guys like this take down the money. I know in the long run they go broke if they don't adjust, and I want to help them go broke when I'm playing.

I raise this preflop.

Fishlips
Old 04-26-2005, 05:20 PM

Yea,...hose the blinds! I love hosing the blinds. NO FREE LOOKIE THIS TIME BOYOH!

Fishlips
Old 04-26-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily "wrong", but just think of it differently:

you already have their money whether they stay in the hand or not- you're only losing .5sb from the small blind. if you leave them in, their junk may suck out on you, plus the limpers behind you will stay in for 1 bet, so you make more by getting the blinds and their junk to fold and getting everyone to pay more now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hadn't thought of it that way before. Makes perfect sense though. I will be sure to raise it next time. Thanks