Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Betting on turn when second board pairs

I've run into this sort of situation frequently lately, and I was wondering if I was playing it correctly.

(Party Poker $5/10) Hero is button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 calls (loose passive player) Hero raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG+1 checks, hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises...

In my experience, having the second board pair when you have is the most terrifying card. Even more than the top card. With the top card. Usually, even bad players will bet if they have a queen and hit top pair, but will usually only call with second board pair.

My question is this. Is it correct to continue betting against one person on the turn, or should I just check and call on river at this point? I've always tried to err on the side of being aggresive, but I'm starting to question this play, since I've been check raised in many similar situations lately.

Also, if I do bet here and get check raised, can I safely fold this hand? I don't really know much about my opponent except that she seems to play too many hands.