Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 06:43 PM

Default KK check-raised by a TAG head\'s up

I have no idea what to do here.

My opponent is 14%/5% with a PFA slightly below 2.00 after 120 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

I feel that he would have capped QQ-AA, and maybe JJ, preflop. His low PFA, albeit after a very small sample size, suggests I should be wary of a check-raise. I am about 75% sure he's got a good ace, and I have no redraws. QQ-TT are the only holdings he might have that I can beat, and the pot is too small for me to get the odds to call them. So I folded.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: KK check-raised by a TAG head\'s up

Do you have the Aggression Factors broken out into all streets?

A 2.0 post flop AF could be done a few different ways... it could be low on the turn and river and really high on the flop. If this is the case, I'm 3-betting the flop.

If it's the other way around, and the flop AF is low and the turn/riv Af's are high.. then good lay-down... would think he's on AK or AQ.

Also, look at the c/r%. If this is relatively low, then you played it good, but don't think about this being that small of a pot. After 3 bets pf and 2 bets on the flop, it's a pot worth fighting for vs some players.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:04 PM

Good fold. Preflop raise/call from a player like that generally means AQ, AJ, maybe AKo.

Tough to see an ace flop with you hold KK, though.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:19 PM

If you think he's capping JJ, QQ and KK pre-flop then this looks like a good fold as i doupt he's raising here with anything other than an A, if it was an opponent who doesn't cap with QQ KK here then it becomes harder to lay down.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:43 PM

KsQs is a slight possibility as well, but he most likely has the A.

Feeling confident that you're beat after the check raise, what's the point of calling the raise on the flop? Is it strictly image? Obviously you're not getting the odds to draw to your 2 outs. Are you calling to make sure that he'll bet out on the turn? If this is the case, and he had checked the turn, what would be your plan of attack? Bet and risk getting check-raised again, or take a free card, - giving him a free draw to a flush or 2 pair if he was on a semi-bluff?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Good fold.