Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Results

Which move do you have a problem with? I assume the turn.

$16 into a $71 pot. Are you folding there in position a lot? I think you are leaving much money on the table if you do that at a PP1/2 6-max.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:25 AM

I've played almost 34k hands (all 7-tabling) of 100nl on Party since they changed the blind structure. Against a random opponent, calling this raise has (undoubtedly, imo) a negative expectation. If he represents big hands more often than he's likely to be holding them or if he's shown a willingness to get aggressive against you specifically, sure, call and let him bluff away his chips. But against a typical opponent in these games he's telling you he has a full house or some other hand that has you drawing very slim.

There are *very* few players who even think of TRYING to successfully run over a player or a table, let alone players who do it intelligently by aping the 'standard line' of a random opponent holding the hand they're trying to represent (they don't play enough hands, by and large, to even know what the standard line from a random idiot IS). I fold the turn without glaring evidence that my opponent isn't straightforward.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Big stacks put wayfare to the test

For the love of god check the turn
Old 03-20-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No chance of folding preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's suited, only a minraise, and on the button, I'd normally say it's ok to call, since it's not like we're gonna go broke with it if we flop a pair. Umm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and the reason I'd fold this is because when you hit the K you're likely behind to a person raising you. If you give it up easily on a flop with a K then I guess it's no trouble, but apparently it is in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your preflop standards are really tight. Obviously hero should ditch it if he cannot get away from a hand like TP. You don't call with K10s to get a K-high flop.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:02 AM

Catagorically disagree. If you are 7-tabling, obviously you cannot put the time and attention into the decisions you make on the river after calling this turn.

If you think you are less than 1-5 to have the best hand going into showdown you are delusional.

Excuse me if i am rude, I am blackout drunk.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it's suited, only a minraise, and on the button, I'd normally say it's ok to call, since it's not like we're gonna go broke with it if we flop a pair. Umm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and the reason I'd fold this is because when you hit the K you're likely behind to a person raising you. If you give it up easily on a flop with a K then I guess it's no trouble, but apparently it is in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your preflop standards are really tight. Obviously hero should ditch it if he cannot get away from a hand like TP. You don't call with K10s to get a K-high flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am tight. I don't call raises or play hands like QT, QJ, QK, KJ, KT, etc. They suck.

& That was my point. Obviously he has trouble getting away from them. This time he had the best hand, but I don't see this situation occurring too often.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am tight. I don't call raises or play hands like QT, QJ, QK, KJ, KT, etc. They suck.

& That was my point. Obviously he has trouble getting away from them. This time he had the best hand, but I don't see this situation occurring too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I do not have trouble getting away from them. I made the calculation that I had the best hand at the time enough of the time to warrant for a call, and made that call.

Your preflop standards are too tight, and it may result from a lesser ability to play postflop. I myself am a tightie, but the recent fad of pseudo bragging about tight people are is really silly and massively -EV. If you never play KQ, even from the button, you are leaving giant amounts of money on the table.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:13 PM

You play your way and I'll play mine.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:14 PM

I am curious as to what results your way gets you?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:16 PM

You're welcome to watch me play if you'd like. I'm 4-tabling right now on Stars & I can PM you my screen name if you want.