Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Default not comfortable AJo...

good game. one limper kinda loose agro guy raises 2 cold calls and i call in sb w/ AxJc.

bb calls limper calls. 12 sbs 6 people.

flop comes down Ac9c5c.

i check planning on c'r or check 3 betting. checked to PFR who bets both cold callers call i c'r folded back to PFR who 3bets folded to me i call. HU to the turn 10bbs.

turn is a blank. i check(?) guy checks behind.

river is another blank. i bet (?).

-Barron
Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: not comfortable AJo...

I would strongly consider folding preflop from the SB. I would call from the BB. Ok, end preflop comments.

I would stop-go the turn. If he has a bigger club, I don't want to give a free card, my ace may be good, my hand can stand a raise and if he has something like QQ...he will be suspect of this line and likely pay off putting you on a single big club. Just my opinion though...

Jeff
Old 11-01-2005, 01:26 PM

he's either isolating you on a draw with a big crub or he is being badly tricky with something like AA or 99..... I think you have to bet and call a raise since he may put you on a missed crub steal.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly consider folding preflop from the SB. I would call from the BB. Ok, end preflop comments.

I would stop-go the turn. If he has a bigger club, I don't want to give a free card, my ace may be good, my hand can stand a raise and if he has something like QQ...he will be suspect of this line and likely pay off putting you on a single big club. Just my opinion though...

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

PF: so you think its close enough that a difference of .25bbs makes the difference?

TURN: this is where i really wanted comments and i think you hit it. but if im again raised on the turn i may still have outs. and would want to see the SD.

thoughts?

Barron
Old 11-01-2005, 01:34 PM

yeah I agree - bet the turn, for value and to protect your hand from free card suckouts that beat you ...
Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM

I can't put him on Kc due to his 3-bet on the flop. If he did have a high flush draw with a hand like KK or KcQx I would expect him to just call and keep in the cold callers behind him. Your going to call a bet, so you have to bet this and call a raise. Checking to induce a bluff I dont like because I can't put him on Kc due to reasons above.

I like the turn stop-go as someone else suggested as well, call down if raised. If just called, check-call

Everything in my post seems contradictory . I cant put this guy on a hand. What is he 3-betting on the flop, trying to thin the field out, that he is not betting turn with? I'm lost
Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and would want to see the SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

SD?

Jeff
Old 11-01-2005, 01:38 PM

seems fine on all streets.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His hand looks like AxQc to me....Your going to call a bet, so you have to bet this and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:39 PM

were you planning on check-raising the turn?

my lines here are: cap the flop (the only way i am far behind if he has AxQc, AxKc, or maybe KcQc, KcTc, QcTc) and go, or to stopngo. honestly i dont see anything wrong with capping.