Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Male vs. Female

I for one sure hope this attracts more women to the tables because I'm all for it. Women poker players are just god awful, so the more women players the better.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 PM

I like how this thread has turned into an outlet for feminists and those who prefer their women barefoot and pregnant. The only reason why female players might seem worse at the table is our own selective attention. If a guy is bad,we think "what a fish, thanks for your money, come back anytime". If a girl is bad we think "there must be some correlation between her being bad at poker and being a girl." Fish are Fish are Fish, regardless of sex.

PS-I have noticed that young women are tight, old women are loose. Also for the female regulars at my home games, I have compiled menstrual calendars, because everyone knows chicks play aggressive when they're on the rag. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS-I have noticed that young women are tight, old women are loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh
Old 06-16-2005, 09:51 PM

Dammit you beat me to it!

Hey, why do women wear white at weddings?

Answer in white:
<font color="white">So they will match the appliances when they get home. </font>
Old 06-16-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's about introducing women to a pastime which has been traditionaly male dominated. I see no problem with the female only event and I hope it continues.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-16-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In poker, you can be a jerk, and whether you recognize that it pushes the most valuable opponents away or not, you get to keep playing if one fish leaves. This lack of feedback may be the reason disproportionately many poker players are anti-social, irritating people.

The above statement about the relative mathematical abilities of men and "girls" is highly offensive, as are many things women poker players face at the table. In some countries, about 5% of the mathematicians are women. In others, about 50% of the mathematicians are women. As a mathematician, it's pretty clear to me that there is a strong social component to the choice of fields, and some cultures discourage competent women from entering or staying in fields where they can be successful.

Because women are discouraged from playing poker, and this is bad for the game, I see nothing wrong with artificial encouragements for women to participate, such as ladies' events.

[/ QUOTE ]

well played
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The above statement about the relative mathematical abilities of men and "girls" is highly offensive, as are many things women poker players face at the table. In some countries, about 5% of the mathematicians are women. In others, about 50% of the mathematicians are women. As a mathematician, it's pretty clear to me that there is a strong social component to the choice of fields, and some cultures discourage competent women from entering or staying in fields where they can be successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hyper-sensitivity? I don't see what's so offensive about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
One thing that was offensive was that it mentioned men vs. girls. If you don't think it is offensive to deny someone's adulthood constantly, ask a 70-year-old black man about being called "boy."

It's offensively ignorant to repeat a stereotype that is both wrong and a poor explanation for the participation level of women in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're really reaching there.

It's convenient that you chose not to quote the rest of my post, which mostly defended women. Ladies are in many ways smarter than men, but it does vary by subject, and that is fact. I don't understand why some must insist that the two genders are equal in every category when they are not. You can complain about people making "stereotypes" until you're blue in the face, but unless you're going to compare 2 specific people of each gender, one has no choice but to make generalizations; there's nothing sexist about that.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:56 AM

lol greg, thats some good sh1t dawg
Old 06-17-2005, 09:23 AM

why are women always crying?

answer in white:
<font color="white">because of you and your midget of a fireman </font>
Old 06-17-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I for one sure hope this attracts more women to the tables because I'm all for it. Women poker players are just god awful, so the more women players the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for calling us to the river with the second best hand.