Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

I'm afraid to post anything anymore. Am I still allowed to critique the donkey play on LATB???
Old 11-09-2005, 03:35 PM

Some thoughts:

1) too many long threads are being deleted in this and other forums. Can we delete just the offending posts, not the whole thread?

2) medium to long threads should be saved before being deleted. Take screen shots if there is no other way to do it. Have your tech savvy moderators do it for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself.

3) long time posters know you are doing a good job. The occasional mistake does not distract from that fact.

seems like banning someone who said they were leaving is pretty pointless.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In almost all cases, moderators should be nearly invisible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Dynasty should not be making comments like, "Three more suspensions..". The rules should be clearly stated in the forum FAQ/Rules and that is it. A moderator should be deleting posts and contacting the offender individually, not making it a public spectacle, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is merit in letting the membership know what types of posts prompt a banning or suspension, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Mason's e-mail, if quoted correctly, says that people like Paul are held to a higher standard. The logic of this escapes me. Why shouldn't everyone be held to the same standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to speculate, perhaps they feel some people carry more weight than others. This is not unreasonable to believe since for instance I consider your postings to be generally illinformed so I take them with a grain of salt, therefore when you post garbage little harm is done. Now when a recognized celebrity or selfproclaimed poker authority makes a post many people give them more credence, whether deservedly or not. Therefore they will influence more people and should rightly be held to a higher standard.

Just in case my above explanation is utter nonsense or way off base there is always the fact that the forum is owned by 2+2 Publishing, not you, not me, not Paul and not other poker stars.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In almost all cases, moderators should be nearly invisible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Dynasty should not be making comments like, "Three more suspensions..". The rules should be clearly stated in the forum FAQ/Rules and that is it. A moderator should be deleting posts and contacting the offender individually, not making it a public spectacle, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is merit in letting the membership know what types of posts prompt a banning or suspension, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, "The rules should be clearly stated in the forum FAQ/Rules and that is it".

EDIT:
And I can see the merit in making that clear. Instead of Dynasty saying, "Three more suspensions, when are you people going to get it (paraphrase)", he could have said, "The three people above were suspended for doing X, X, and X."

Anything else is just unprofessional. If we expect our posters to be professional, it's only reasonable to expect the moderators to do the same.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A moderator should be deleting posts and contacting the offender individually, not making it a public spectacle, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always handled things individually, but the forums I moderate are very small compared to the WPT and OOT forums.

It seems to me that part of the reason mods of big forums make some of these public statements is so it can serve as a more visable warning to those considering posting 'objectionable' content. I don't know that to be true, though. I'm just giving my opinion on why that sort of thing happens in the high noise forums.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A moderator should be deleting posts and contacting the offender individually, not making it a public spectacle, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always handled things individually, but the forums I moderate are very small compared to the WPT and OOT forums.

It seems to me that part of the reason mods of big forums make some of these public statements is so it can serve as a more visable warning to those considering posting 'objectionable' content. I don't know that to be true, though. I'm just giving my opinion on why that sort of thing happens in the high noise forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited above:

"And I can see the merit in making that clear. Instead of Dynasty saying, "Three more suspensions, when are you people going to get it (paraphrase)", he could have said, "The three people above were suspended for doing X, X, and X."

Anything else is just unprofessional. If we expect our posters to be professional, it's only reasonable to expect the moderators to do the same."
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM

ILL SAY IT SENSE NONE OF YOU OTHER FAGGGOTS GOT THE SACK TO DO IT. MASON, SKLANSKY AND ALL YOU OTHER FUCIN HOMOSEXUAL MODS [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF [censored] OFF

FUC YOU GUYS YOU THINK YOU ARE SUCH THE LITTLE FRANCHISE I PISS ON 2+2 BUT I WOULDNT PISS ON YOU ALL IF YOU WERE ON FIRE [censored] LAME COCSUKIN FAGGGOTS
Old 11-09-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't see why we can't express our dislike for certain poker players here. They want tv time? Then they should get the stuff that comes with having it, the good and the bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think the double standard is what's wrong. If this site does have a policy of banning people for bad mouthing T.V. players, then how come there wasn't a dozen or so bannings from the posts in the Tiffany Williamson thread alone.

I think it was just a bunch of ego's clashing or something and someone took something that they think went over the line and finally someone took out a ban stick and "Whack", Game Over, I win.

Hopefully, for the good of everyone, things get ironed out, good sportsmanship comes through, a little I guess I went overboard, I went a little overboard too, hands shake and the forum as a whole benefits.

Edit: Gees. Except for the guy who posted just before me ... Whack!
Closed Thread