Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Seems Masons personal problems with a poster have lost us another good contributor. Apologize in private, thats petty kindergarten level stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there's an important piece of poker playing skill that needs to be mentioned here:

A lot of us came to these message boards hoping to learn poker skills from the likes of DS and MM. Now, we see a clear demonstration of MM's transparently thin skin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that being thin skinned/easily provoked like this wasn't a good quality in a poker player.

I say this knowing full well where this post is going to end up.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There goes one of our smartest and most entertaining posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you guys [censored] serious?

He had 300 posts in a 2 year++ span.. sure he's a smarrt guy, he writes some entertaining posts, but the content in them is all BS.

Things i've noticecd him talking about in detail the past few months:

Dan Druff making up a name on FCP to defend himself
ESPN making up hole cards
TOC being liars.

Brilliant topics, we're really going to miss his input.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/3 of those topics are very important and should obviously be brought to the public's atention
Old 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM

I have not read the offending post, so perhaps this was merited. And, of course, this is 2+2's site and they can and should do whatever they feel they need to do.

However, I would also hope these decisions are tempered in some way to acknowledge the contributions of those making the offending posts/remarks/etc. Paul, while not frequent, has been a very strong contributor to this forum on a number of occassions. He brings a perspective that not many contributors here have (in terms of stakes he is playing and regular opponents he faces), and as such, I hope this was taken into account when making the decision.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM

Yea, they were semi- interesting, but this guy isn't "brlliant" like everyones making him out to be. He's a smart guy no dobut, but he WILL NOT be missed.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:03 PM

the post is up in his blog. For the record I think a banning for these posts is absolutely rediculous.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened in the Lee Jones thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that where David Sklansky said that Ed Miller's book was better because he went to a better college?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But Mason doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but that's really neither here nor there.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised by the responses here... to me they smack of an overwhelming naivety. Paulp compared the owner of the website to a Nazi. The owner banned him.

If you think that's extraordinary behavior, I suggest you spend a day walking into businesses, asking to speak to the owners, and then calling them names including "Nazi." How many owners do you think will toss you out? If you think it is less than a significant percentage, you're wrong.

Call your boss a Nazi, and see if you get fired.

*shrug* This is the way the world works. Walk into someone's backyard and call them names, and they will often ask you to leave. If you don't like it, feel free to diatribe about it in your LiveJournal.

[/ QUOTE ]

ed, you are misrepresenting events here.

the chronology was this: originally, paulp simply made a post saying that a specific aspect of the site's interface was "brain damaged," and that dynasty was pouring fuel on the fire by boasting about bannings. that post and entire thread got deleted.

THEN, before paulp has done anything else, before he responded to or complained about that deletion, mason sent a msg to paulp demanding he make a private and public apology, or he would be banned. give me a break.

naivete? you tell me how you'd react to that. the "hitler youth" comment came AFTER he'd been threatened with banning and he certainly expected to be banned for it. his original "offense," however, was no offense at all.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record I think a banning for these posts is absolutely rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was asked to make an apology (which is a bit wierd, but whatever, thats what 2+2 wanted)... so he goes and makes a post calling the moderators Nazis/Nazi Youth.

ban makes sense to me.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM

This sucks, and here I had even PMed Lloyd about possibly getting PaulP for MTT's next Play a Hand with the Masters and he said he was already in the process. I guess that's out the window. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Oh well, maybe Vince L. will be free.

Here's a Pm I sent Mat yesterday after his post in the other locked thread, seems kinda relevant so I'll post it here:
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Mat,

I just wanted to reply to your post in the WPT forum tonight.

First off,
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty has made great efforts of late to try to make this forum a friendlier place

[/ QUOTE ]
This is simply factually incorrect. You may say Dynasty has made great efforts of late to try and make the forum "more like he(we?) would like it", "more like it was intended to be" or "more useful to the study of poker" and I might agree with any of those.

However, saying things like 'I already banned someone! Who wants to get banned?? I'll ban you! Try me!!" and other such silliness that Dynasty was posting last week may have a lot of effects, but fostering friendliness, community or maturity would certainly not be among them.

Secondly, some might take issue with the tactic of posting something and then locking the thread to make replies impossible, as it obviously conflicts with the democratic nature of the forum.

Just my .02

'Night,
kneeco.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But Mason doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but that's really neither here nor there.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised by the responses here... to me they smack of an overwhelming naivety. Paulp compared the owner of the website to a Nazi. The owner banned him.

If you think that's extraordinary behavior, I suggest you spend a day walking into businesses, asking to speak to the owners, and then calling them names including "Nazi." How many owners do you think will toss you out? If you think it is less than a significant percentage, you're wrong.

Call your boss a Nazi, and see if you get fired.

*shrug* This is the way the world works. Walk into someone's backyard and call them names, and they will often ask you to leave. If you don't like it, feel free to diatribe about it in your LiveJournal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You miss one step here. Mason demanded private and public apologies when there was nothing to apologize for. Mason knew Paul would never apologize, because Paul is not desperate enough to pretend to be sorry for something there is no reason to be sorry about.

If your boss demanded that you get naked in front of him or you would be fired, and you naturally refuse, did you then ask to get fired? If you then say something derogatory on the way out, is that to be used to motivate the firing?
Closed Thread