Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2003, 01:28 PM

Default 6 MAX Hand Rankings -Position by Position PART 1-UTG

Just trying to get an idea if I am going in the right direction.I have been playing alot of $3-6 and $5-10 6Max/short- handed games.. assuming game always stay full.Lets assume this is a generic Party table where conditions stay static:2 very good players,2 good players and 2 semi-fishies.

These are based on ev simulations and personal experience.I would really appreciate it if better players on this forum like Ulysses or Ikke chimed in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I will rank hands in position and then ask specific questions about each position I would like to do this for all 4 positions outside of the blinds one post at a time!!

UTG:
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,88
AKs,AK,AQS,AQ,AJs,AJ,ATS,AT
A9s,KQs,KQ,KJs,KTs,QJs,QTs,JTS

Questions:I would limp/reraise or raise w/AA,KK,AKs...how about QQ is that too vulnerable to limp/reraise with posiibly giving away a free look at a flop for blinds?

I would raise with JJ,TT,99,88,AK,AQs,AQ,AJs,AJ,ATs,AT
Question :Is ATo utg too marginal a hand to raise in such poor position?

A9s,KQs,KQ,KJs I would raise

ok last hands here: KTs,QJs,QTs,JTs -raise or limp

Question:Can I limp with these hands or should I dump every and all hands utg unless I'm going to raise.Iknow that that is the conventional wisdom.I would rather limp and get more multi-way action on these type of hands then over-represent in poor position ..is this incorrect??

Final question is on these choosen hands:

I have deleted 77 utg because it seems to be a very small marginal winner in this position to my surprise.I really would like to raise utg with it??
Also AT is a small winner utg ..thoughts?
A9s is a clearly playable hand but A8s and A7s dont seem to be clearly plus ev until you are in the cutoff or button.What do you think about A8s and A7s utg?

KJ,KT,K9s,Q9s,T9s are all very marginal in this spot..so i have deleted them.i have tried to create a list that may be tighter than normal but avoid marginal hands in poor position thus lowering variance but not hurting ev assuming the player is competent.

JTs is also another small winner ..thoughts ...ty Lee!!