Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: My Girlfriend...is beating the hell out of me...AND I RAN HOME

Several things popped into my mind here:

She is really good at reading you (girlfriends tend to have that skill in excess).

The fact that she has won more than you is affecting your game. A bit like the guys who come to the table with one sole purpose "to win their money back". You feel an amazing amount of pressure due to the fact that you feel that you ought to win.

She has been COACHED for 1½ month by YOU. So she has a really good read, and somehow I'm lead to belive that you perhaps havn't adapted to her play as well as she has to your.

She is trash talking you and apparently it is working. My guess is that she has the psychological edge. She know that you feel that you should be able to win, and then applies even more pressure to put you off your game.

My advice is that you take advantage of this, either by showing her how to play low stakes HU SNG's online, or by using this as a opportunity to learn something. You know that you are probably the best player, but she is winning anyway (not by much though).
You have a good opportunity to learn how to play head up against an opponent with a good read and with a lot of pressure (sounds like MTT end game to me). Try reading a book about psychology, or simply ask her how she is doing it (be prepared for an uncomfortable answer though)...

btw. you could also leave her and send me her phonenumber [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]