Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Not Eating Food For A Day

I actually did this not to long ago (couple months). There are billions of people in this world who don't get to eat everyday, and I realized I had no idea what that was like, so I did it. (it sucked). I also went a day without talking, spent 24 hours homeless, and spent a day as a day laborer (not all on the same day).

I have it good.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did this not to long ago (couple months). There are billions of people in this world who don't get to eat everyday, and I realized I had no idea what that was like, so I did it. (it sucked).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easier for them than it is for you. When you don't eat for awhile, your stomach gets smaller, and your appetite decreases. When I want to lose weight, I go on an all-liquid diet, consuming nothing but fruit and vegetable juices, 2 protein powder shakes, a multivitamin, and fiber tablets, for months. That's around 500 calories per day, almost all of which is from the shakes, but the funny thing is that I eventually get so that I don't even bother with the shakes, and I'll do just a couple glasses of juice a day for several days in a row until I force myself to take in more calories to keep from losing muscle. All this while either lifting weights or running 5 miles 6 days a week, and making sure my strength does not decrease. I just don't think about food anymore. Food is addictive.

I don't recommend this diet to anyone as there are potential dangers. It's just what works for me.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Not only do Jews do this on Yom Kippur, they also stand around in temple all day praying.

Drinking water makes this a lot easier. Its very difficult without water.

Its one thing to fast when you are sitting at home watching TV or playing poker, its a lot harder when you have to stand up and read Hebrew all day dressed in a suit.

Bruiser, I suggest you break your fast with a Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lox. That is the way I always do it.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not only do Jews do this on Yom Kippur, they also stand around in temple all day praying.

Drinking water makes this a lot easier. Its very difficult without water.

Its one thing to fast when you are sitting at home watching TV or playing poker, its a lot harder when you have to stand up and read Hebrew all day dressed in a suit.

Bruiser, I suggest you break your fast with a Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lox. That is the way I always do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good idea maxpower but i already broke my fast yesterday with sushi. for the record, i think bagel, salmon, tomatoe, red onion and green onion is superior and one of the best meals around (organic tomatos that smell like real tomatos).
Old 07-29-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's a good idea maxpower but i already broke my fast yesterday with sushi. for the record, i think bagel, salmon, tomatoe, red onion and green onion is superior and one of the best meals around (organic tomatos that smell like real tomatos).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a meal. That's a meal's meal.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a meal. That's a meal's meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. I think this is your first post that actually took me a second to think about before understanding [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 03:05 AM

stick to nl
Old 07-30-2005, 03:36 AM

every time I went without food for a day I picked up a nasty case of the hershey squirts -

something about skipping food gave me those - so I try not to do it anymore [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 07-30-2005, 03:46 AM

wow that's a distracting avatar
Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just water, until i wake up tomorrow for fun. anyone want to do it with me see if you can do it? the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fasted for 3 days last week, using just distilled water and a few herbs. Then went the next 4 days with just organic fruit and distilled water with the herbs. It was extremely easy. Zero hunger or desire for food. Do it right, and it's the best thing you can do for health. I think the prior 4 weeks on a parasite cleanse helped a lot as I lost all food cravings, and believe me I used to crave a lot of shitty food. Cravings were a real problem for me and going a day or 2 without food would have been impossible prior to the parasite cleanse. Losing those cravings I have had for years was a miracle in my eyes.

I did have a few headaches and stuff during the fast, which may make some people stop the fast/fruit diet, but they would be wrong to do so as it is just a sign that the body is removing accumulated waste from the body. After 3 days I was amazed to find an improvement with my eyesight. For the first time in years I could walk around all day without glasses and only needed them for tv or driving.

I also did a liver flush towards the end of the week. Pretty freaky.

When I broke the fast, the food didn't taste or feel great. Quite the opposite. I saw it for the garbage it is.