Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Adjusting from Full Ring to 6 Max

Up until about 15 minutes ago, I've been primarily a PokerStars guy. I've dabbled at Party from time to time, but have never hung around. The interface just doesn't do it for me. Well, that's stupid so I'm sitting here waiting to change my email address so I can use the 'auto import hand histories' feature from PokerTracker easier. Also, I have gametime + so I'm going to hunker down today and get everything set up.

Finally, (after the novella) a question...

I realize strategic adjustments will have to be made, but was curious to just get some feedback from people who have made the switch. Also, for your Pokertracker users, what adjustments if any have you made to your 'autorate' rules?

Thanks in advance....
Old 03-21-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Adjusting from Full Ring to 6 Max

Best switch I've made. I love 6 max.

I think the most important changes are that you're going to be playing more hands and that you can go further with weaker hands. Overall I think it's a much more aggressive game.

I am sure that this has been discussed before. Use the search function at top of the page.

I am also curious as to what people use for autorating because I don't have a good set of rules and was hoping to find one.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:52 PM

With Party (make sure you've patched your PT to the latest version) you don't need them to e-mail you HH, they're saved on your hard drive.

I made no adjustments to my autorate rules, but an important thing to remember is that NL emphasizes on post flop play more than pre-flop.

A guy could have a 75% VP$IP but still be a winner as long as he plays post-flop decently. You can't really equate a high VP$IP with a weak player like you can in limit (or full ring to some extent).
Old 03-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Go to www.pokertracker.com and see their forum. Autorate rules are there. There is a complete series of articles on the bet the pot forum regarding poker tracker and autorating. Either should help you.

I imagine if you use the search feature there should be autorate rules on this forum.

cat923
Old 03-21-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure that this has been discussed before. Use the search function at top of the page.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should always do that before I post like this...oh well...

[ QUOTE ]
With Party (make sure you've patched your PT to the latest version) you don't need them to e-mail you HH, they're saved on your hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about that and have it set up now. Much easier.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a complete series of articles on the bet the pot forum regarding poker tracker and autorating. Either should help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already got 'em. I've downloaded a ton of material from some guy who came up with autorate rules for NL. They seem pretty good, so I'll just leave 'em be for 6max.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Use Bison rules for you auto rate feature on PT. I think you can use the search thread to find it. Just type Bison and import that file to your PT. Hope this helps you.