Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Default 9k Hand Checkup 200NL (PT STATS)

I know its a tiny sample size, im mainly a SNG player would like some feedback on my first effort at 6max. Thanks

Old 10-06-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 9k Hand Checkup 200NL (PT STATS)

http://www.splashpots.com/oct.html

please check this link for valuable info.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Hence
[ QUOTE ]
I know its a tiny sample size,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your advice
Old 10-06-2005, 05:54 PM

I think some of it is bad luck but without specific hands its hard to say.

I think you might be a bit too aggressive preflop against opponents that aren't as tight as you think.

at least recently, I find the 200s to be very very loose aggressive and have found almost all of my profits coming from made hands and my losses coming from places where I tried to get tricky or thought I had more folding equity than I really did.

I can't say anything further but thats what I gather from your low win at showdown % combined with your aggression.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:56 PM

Haven't the best of luck short term results though heres what pokergrader had to say
Pokergrader
Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 PM

OK, you should be honored because for some reason this post tickled my fancy and it's the first stats post that I am going to respond to in a serious manner. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have played a lot of NL200 6m. You are running hotter than I am as judged by the fact that you are winning more frequently at showdown than I am despite the fact that you are going to showdown more frequently than I am. However, I am winning a lot more than you are. This is because you are not aggressive enough.

On every street, my aggression factor is one full point higher than yours. And I am going to showdown less frequently than you are. There are three reasons why this aggression is helping me to win more money than you are:
1. I am stealing pots
2. I am protecting my hands better than you
3. I am making better value bets than you are on the river

Hope this helps. Turn up the postflop aggression and your results will improve. It will take time to find the right spots, though. Keep it in mind as a target, however, and your results should improve. On the river, in position, particularly try to value bet even one pair hands if your opponent has shown no aggression. They will call down with top pair weak kicker and even worse. Make sure you make them pay for that. If you have bet the flop and turn, even a half pot bet on the river is a very sizeable bet in terms of BBs.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 PM

twp, he has the include preflop aggression checked.

I just don't see how somebody with 12% pfr is passive postflop.

one of these days I should post my stats.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, you should be honored because for some reason this post tickled my fancy and it's the first stats post that I am going to respond to in a serious manner. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have played a lot of NL200 6m. You are running hotter than I am as judged by the fact that you are winning more frequently at showdown than I am despite the fact that you are going to showdown more frequently than I am. However, I am winning a lot more than you are. This is because you are not aggressive enough.

On every street, my aggression factor is one full point higher than yours. And I am going to showdown less frequently than you are. There are three reasons why this aggression is helping me to win more money than you are:
1. I am stealing pots
2. I am protecting my hands better than you
3. I am making better value bets than you are on the river

Hope this helps. Turn up the postflop aggression and your results will improve. It will take time to find the right spots, though. Keep it in mind as a target, however, and your results should improve. On the river, in position, particularly try to value bet even one pair hands if your opponent has shown no aggression. They will call down with top pair weak kicker and even worse. Make sure you make them pay for that. If you have bet the flop and turn, even a half pot bet on the river is a very sizeable bet in terms of BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post thanks for your advice, protecting my hand is definately something I need to work on
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
twp, he has the include preflop aggression checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nopes, then it shows the preflop agg factor too.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:16 PM

No he doesn't. If he did, there would be an aggression factor value under preflop. He has it unchecked. It doesn't matter, though. Here are my stats.

VPIP: 25
PFR: 13
WSD%: 18
W$SD: 47
AF:
- Flop: 3.1
- Turn: 2.7
- River: 2.6

I'm betting about 25% on all streets compared with his 18%. That is the biggest difference.