Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Computers + Spilled Drink = Huh?

So my [censored] friend spilled a coke and rum that caused my computer to get funky. That's the short bit.

The long bit is that he didn't actually spill it onto the computer. It's a laptop (Toshiba Satellite A45), and he spilled it next to the computer. Some of it went under the computer (it has little rubber risers like most laptops). I checked the bottom and nothing seemed to have gotten wet. When I booted it, the "K" key wouldn't stop pressing. I took the key off, and it still won't stop pressing. The key wasn't pushed down at all; it was just like the computer had the input of someone leaning on the key and not stopping.Everything else about the computer is fine. My guess is that the drink splashed onto the keyboard.

I'm thinking of taking of the keyboard, etc., and fixing it myself, but is there anything I should know before I do it, so I don't screw up my computer anymore in the process and invalidate my warranty?