Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Did I bet this TOO hard? Top set QQ

Raise the flop more/less?

Bet less on the turn?

Villain is loose and draws too much but he's not an idiot. 40.2/15.5 over 500 hands. Yesterday he called my overpush preflop with JJ if that tells you anything.

If he was paying attention last night then he views me as a LAG, I think.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($198)
UTG ($204.20)
MP ($318)
Hero ($202)
SB ($120.26)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $10, MP folds.

Flop: ($29) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, UTG calls $25.

Turn: ($99) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $97</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $196
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Did I bet this TOO hard? Top set QQ

I would raise pot on the flop
Old 12-28-2005, 07:54 PM

I like your flop play. On the turn I bet about 75. Will commit you to the hand and not give the correct odds to call with a draw. It is also more likely to be called by a hand like AQ or KQ.
You can't always be terrified of being drawn out on. Bet enough so he can't correctly draw but don't force him out of the pot.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 PM

Flop is OK but I like raising more too. On the turn your bet is fine too, but I probably bet 50-80 with 75 being ideal. May get a draw to call, and he is definately not getting the odds.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your flop play. On the turn I bet about 75. Will commit you to the hand and not give the correct odds to call with a draw. It is also more likely to be called by a hand like AQ or KQ.
You can't always be terrified of being drawn out on. Bet enough so he can't correctly draw but don't force him out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is very likely to be called by KQ and AQ, along with KJ... all of which will likely call a pot raise on the flop. Draws will also call the pot raise so why not stick in a pot-raise? there's no reason... Hes most likely drawing or has a ten (or air) so i still prefer the pot-raise. Dont just call and let him draw unless your raise just builds the pot needelessly against a competant oppenant and you cant fold sets if bad cards hit.

turn bet is fine. just pot it, maybe check behind if a spade on the turn hits since you have a good redraw