Default Re: Which Martial Art

[ QUOTE ]
Eastern thought

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the art of not thinking?
Old 11-08-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Taichi is bullshit. Nobody could win a fight using taichi. It is based on something that is not real."

You obviously know nothing.

If only we could live 1000 years just to see what sort of power could be obtained.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this gibberish? live 1000 years? are you saying you have to live 1000 years to become powerful with Taichi? I'd love to watch someone adept in Taichi go up against any fighter in a no holds barred circuit. They would get crushed. That's why none of the prominant fighters use it. Taichi is so inferior to every other fighting style. I piss on taichi
Old 11-08-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Taichi is bullshit. Nobody could win a fight using taichi. It is based on something that is not real."

You obviously know nothing.

If only we could live 1000 years just to see what sort of power could be obtained.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this gibberish? live 1000 years? are you saying you have to live 1000 years to become powerful with Taichi? I'd love to watch someone adept in Taichi go up against any fighter in a no holds barred circuit. They would get crushed. That's why none of the prominant fighters use it. Taichi is so inferior to every other fighting style. I piss on taichi

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet someone whupped your butt with taichi, then stole your gf and pissed on your camero.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:07 AM

No I'm just saying that you get better the longer you practice, and our livespan only shows a fraction of the potential that tai chi has.

"Taichi is so inferior to every other fighting style."

Internal styles are potentially much more powerful than external styles, they just take a long time to develop power.

" That's why none of the prominant fighters use it"

The people that fight in tournies etc just wouldn't be attracted to tai chi. Most people wouldn't have the patience, and wouldn't be interested in tournies by the time they're good.

Course you're not going to listen, but hey, you're prob one of those morons who thinks the fighting in the WWF (or WWE or whatever they call it these days) is real.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:10 AM

The one taught by Chiun in 'Remo Williams'. That was awesome.

Was it lesson 37 that was how to bring a woman to ecstacy?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 AM

Kung-fu fits your description pretty well. It's a striking art but very artistic / flowing, and follows eastern philosophy ideals.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

" That's why none of the prominant fighters use it"

The people that fight in tournies etc just wouldn't be attracted to tai chi. Most people wouldn't have the patience, and wouldn't be interested in tournies by the time they're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id say they don't want to get their asses handed to them in the ring. I wouldn't have patience for constantly getting beat up either

[ QUOTE ]
Course you're not going to listen, but hey, you're prob one of those morons who thinks the fighting in the WWF (or WWE or whatever they call it these days) is real.

[/ QUOTE ]
WWE is completely choreographed. But these wrestlers would crush Taichi pussies. Just because they choreograph the show for TV, doesn't mean they can't fight. I used to work security with some guys who were just starting to make TV appearances on WWE, and they were adept in many fighting styles (jujitsu, kempo, etc., not Tai Chi). Id put them up against any Tai chi fighter you could muster. Moron.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kung-fu fits your description pretty well. It's a striking art but very artistic / flowing, and follows eastern philosophy ideals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, is this a joke? You do realize that there are many types of kung fu?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 AM

My only martial training is wrestling in high school. I would fight any tai chi practitioner with no fear.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, is this a joke? You do realize that there are many types of kung fu?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do realize, but what's available to him is likely limited, and I was over-generalizing. They're all fairly similar in concept, it's not like the difference between karate and jiu-jitsu.