Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Another Magic player wins a bracelet

[ QUOTE ]
magic is the gayest [censored] i have ever seen. i have friends who were really into it and to cover it up in public they used to call it "poker". funny how all of them now quit magic and are playing real poker.

another reason they quit, aside from it being so gay, was of the excess of cheating that goes on in the big tournaments. it was like whoever cant get caught ends up winning. but they started to play again once Magic Online came about and therefore no cheating was possible. i tried to get into Magic but never could. i played a psychatog deck a while back and that was that. never into it at the level of some of my friends. im sure if it wasnt considered so damn gay they would still be playing it today.

Magic the Gaythering

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot
Old 06-09-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
magic is the gayest [censored] i have ever seen. i have friends who were really into it and to cover it up in public they used to call it "poker". funny how all of them now quit magic and are playing real poker.

another reason they quit, aside from it being so gay, was of the excess of cheating that goes on in the big tournaments. it was like whoever cant get caught ends up winning. but they started to play again once Magic Online came about and therefore no cheating was possible. i tried to get into Magic but never could. i played a psychatog deck a while back and that was that. never into it at the level of some of my friends. im sure if it wasnt considered so damn gay they would still be playing it today.

Magic the Gaythering

[/ QUOTE ]

L-O-L @ you...Some former magic players are making big names for themselves with great success in poker: Thomas Keller, David Williams, John Murphy and more recently Eric Froelick. Look for more magic players to explode on the poker scene. Gxy or not, magic gives magic players a significant edge when it comes to playing poker. I'll dig up an interesting article a friend of mine wrote that speaks to the magic to poker transition.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 AM

Your making me consider changing to sweet and low.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Magic the Gaythering

[/ QUOTE ]

Although this post mostly sucked, he is right about the cheating. The cheating in Magic tourneys is pretty disgusting.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:16 AM

Mattias Andersson, the Screamning Swede that made the final table last year was a Magic player, in fact he won the Swedish National Championship in 2001 (type 1), whatever that means.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:23 AM

You talking about the old dead decipher swccg? I played that game for about a year but it seemed more like work than fun. Speaking of MtG, anyone going to regionals in 2 weeks? I think I am going to hit up orlando. I havent played T2 in forever but the format seems fairly balanced now. As for good MtG players = good poker players, I have taught 3 MtG players to play poker and the best MtG player is the best poker player and the worst one is still the worst. I personally never took MtG too seriously but have a 1900 or so rating in T1 and a 1850ish composite. I now 4 table the $215 sngs and am glad i made the switch from MtG to poker. MtG still makes for a nice thing to do on a vacation though.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:35 PM

I think the real question we all have is: does Chris Pikula deserve to be in the Magic Hall of Fame? As much as I like and respect the guy, I'd have to say on merit alone he just doesn't have the credentials.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 PM

How do you cheat in a MTG tourney?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You talking about the old dead decipher swccg?

[/ QUOTE ]

(clears throat) It's not dead, it's just out of print.

Star Wars CCG Players Committee Website

The game actualy seems to be doing pretty well- my cards have gone up in value over the last couple of years.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:14 PM

Mostly collusion (paying your opponent to conceed) and slight of hand tricks (drawing extra cards, etc).