Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 01:48 PM

Default What exactly is a big stack

Without any specific reads but feeling comfortable that you can play well against the other players at the table, what is a safe amount of BB lets say to start splashing around. Playing more aggressive then you would if you where average. I'm talking mostly during the large body of the tournament, not close to the bubble or at final table. I would think on the button starting req. for raise would be little looser because everyone would be playing pretty tight. Thoughts??
Old 04-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: What exactly is a big stack

You question is somewhat unclear.

I would say no matter the size of your stack it's not a good idea to "start splashing it around".

If you're asking about chip requirements for making moves or applying a bullying strategy, then it is something that has little to do with your stack/blind ratio, and everything to do with your reads on other players and the ratio of your stack to their stacks and their current engagement in the pot.

It has very recently been discussed how the ratio between your stack and the average stack has little meaning.

And yes, if nobody has entered the pot you can benefit from raising from the button with a wider scope of hands than from any other position. But I'm not sure that was what you were asking about?

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)