Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 10:01 AM

Default AA coordinated board

Live 1/2 NL. One limper to me in 3rd position. I raise to 12 with AA. Two players cold call, limper calls.

Flop comes JT9,r. I am 2nd to act and check. Next player bets 25. Others fold. I have 130 left, villain has about 700. What should I do?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: AA coordinated board

I think you have to bet this flop. As is you are completely lost. I probably call flop and lead turn, folding to a raise?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:00 AM

Bet that flop. Only a set or KQ has you beat and villain will announce that with a raise. If not, make 1/2 to 2/3 sized pot bets and get to a showdown.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet that flop. Only a set or KQ has you beat and villain will announce that with a raise. If not, make 1/2 to 2/3 sized pot bets and get to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with checking to see what the action will be?

How can I tell I am beat with a raise? Villain could easily have a pair plus open ended or two pair.

Once I get heads up with an aggressive player, shouldn't I make a big checkraise, maybe allin, sinceI am fairly short stacked?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It lets others control the pot and it's weak.

[ QUOTE ]
How can I tell I am beat with a raise? Villain could easily have a pair plus open ended or two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't tell for sure, but I hate betting aces and getting raised on this board by a person who cold called your preflop raise. So I'd lead out and probably fold to a real raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get heads up with an aggressive player, shouldn't I make a big checkraise, maybe allin, sinceI am fairly short stacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you plan to check raise all in on any flop with your short stack then that ok, I suppose. Again, though, that's got a good chance of being ugly with this board.

You should have led for $30.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing, as long as you mind giving 77 a license to run our your 'missed overs'.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising you are defining your hand. Sure villain could be raising a draw here, so you call and slow down.

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get heads up with an aggressive player, shouldn't I make a big checkraise, maybe allin, since I am fairly short stacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think the aggro will fall for it. I almost never will call someone who raises pre-flop and then c/r the flop all-in. What hands other than AA, KK or the virtual nuts does that? You are only getting a call if you are beaten or if villain has an under set.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:54 PM

4 2 it:

Shame on you for stealing my format.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4 2 it:

Shame on you for stealing my format.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing, as long as you mind giving 77 a license to run our your 'missed overs'.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising you are defining your hand. Sure villain could be raising a draw here, so you call and slow down.

[ QUOTE ]
Once I get heads up with an aggressive player, shouldn't I make a big checkraise, maybe allin, since I am fairly short stacked?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think the aggro will fall for it. I almost never will call someone who raises pre-flop and then c/r the flop all-in. What hands other than AA, KK or the virtual nuts does that? You are only getting a call if you are beaten or if villain has an under set.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is 75 in the pot and I have 130. I would be happy to get villain to fold an open ended or a straightdraw plus pair. If villain calls with 2-pair, I am not in terrible shape considering pot odds. Also villain might put me on a draw and call with a weaker made hand.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is 75 in the pot and I have 130. I would be happy to get villain to fold an open ended or a straightdraw plus pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Don't you prefer to have him call your bet/push with incorrect odds to chase rather than fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]