FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 17
5. Satisfaction :: Rolling Stones 51 52.04%
12. You Can’t Always Get What You Want :: Rolling Stones 47 47.96%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: For Law & Order fans ONLY:

[ QUOTE ]
Orbach and Noth were BY FAR the best combo. Hennesy, while being both smooth and strong was a nice addition. Of course Waterson pwns. But anyone stating Orbach and Brat was better than Noth are [censored] stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Too bad that Orbach / Noth / Waterston / Thompson were not on the show at the same time.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:10 AM

I like Martin a lot more than Bratt(very flat character). Angie Harmon is head and shoulders above Rohm. I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

On another note, what's the deal with the DVD's. Is it just seasons 1-3 that is out right now?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:13 AM

all you putz voting for 9 and 10 just because Harmon is on that one need to pull their hands off their Johnson's. She is not a good actress at all. This is just like saying you are Britney Spears fans.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 AM

Season 5.

And BTW, Merkerson>Florek. Nothing against Florek, but the dynamic between Merkerson and Orbach, she a black woman conscious of the scrutiny of the higher-ups, aware of Orbach's flaws but also his strengths as a detective; and Orbach, the old dinosaur, having to report to a black woman must have taken some getting used to - this was never explicit (AFAIK), but consistent with the character, but also grateful that he was allowed to do his job, most of the time, the way he knew how.

Lenny will be missed.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a "reality" thing that was actually part of the Law & Order franchise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it again. It was called Law & Order: Crime & Punishment. I remember I saw one or two episodes; basically a reality show for court cases. Not very good imo which is probably why it died so fast.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0278250/
Old 08-26-2005, 12:53 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hard to decide which season is the best in Law &amp; Order. Some of the really old episodes have very good twists. The one thing for sure is the newest episodes are the worst ever since Jerry Orbach(Lenny Briscoe) died. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I would really like to know what is everyones favorite Law &amp; Order spinoff. SVU, Criminal Intent, and Trial by Jury. And dont forget the "reality" Law &amp; Order with real cases that they canceled after 2-3 episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

SVU pwns. I'll take Munch, Tutuola, Benson and Stabler over any other 4 detectives.

I voted season 10.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, we can't believe anyone voted for a season that did not include Steven Hill. Waterson and Orbach have dominated this thread, but the numbers don't lie: Hill is having the biggest impact on this poll.

I love Senator Fred, but that accent has absolutely no place in the NY DA's office.

Did any of you younger guys know that before he started playing tough guys, Orbach (like Jimmy Cagney) started out as a song-and-dance man? Check out the soundtrack to "42nd Street".

...Manhattan babies don't sleep tight, until the dawn....
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 AM

the correct answer must include hill.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Season 11 cast best, can't believe I'm the only one who's voted for it thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, we can't believe anyone voted for a season that did not include Steven Hill. Waterson and Orbach have dominated this thread, but the numbers don't lie: Hill is having the biggest impact on this poll.

I love Senator Fred, but that accent has absolutely no place in the NY DA's office.

Did any of you younger guys know that before he started playing tough guys, Orbach (like Jimmy Cagney) started out as a song-and-dance man? Check out the soundtrack to "42nd Street".

...Manhattan babies don't sleep tight, until the dawn....

[/ QUOTE ]

well, after Orbach passed, all of the broadway theaters for a week went dark at the begining of the shows for a small bit of time in honor of his memory.

I agree, Adam Schiff was so quintessentially NYC and harked to the old school NY politican. I respect Sen Thompson, but he does seem a bit out of place on the show
Old 08-26-2005, 04:17 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

I liked Harmon. I liked how her character was ruthless much like McCoy. More-so actually. She didn't take sh*t from anyone. I loved it in the episode where she said, "hang 'em all."

I also liked Hennesey. That was a classic run with her.

Orbach and Noth were real good. Green and Lenny were good also, imo.

However, I like many of the stories from the 1st few seasons regardless of who was in them.

All this with the fact I can't effing stand Adam Schiff.

b