Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: My Process: custom labels for Nexgen chips

[ QUOTE ]
Andy, do you think you can spray the Krylon on the labels if they're already on the chips? I wonder whet if that would damage the chip at all. I'll ask Lynbark the same question. I looked/called a Joann Fabrics in the Chicago area but it was a smaller stores so I'll keep searching IF I can apply the Krylon while it's on the chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the Chicago area also - I got the Krylon stuff at the Joann's in Naperville across from the Fox Valley Mall.

No sure if it would be a good idea to spray the chips. You could make some sort of crazy mask to spray only the insert, but that would probably be amazingly time consuming.

edit - sorry I didn't notice earlier the Chicago location
Old 01-14-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No sure if it would be a good idea to spray the chips. You could make some sort of crazy mask to spray only the insert, but that would probably be amazingly time consuming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may just do that because it can't posibbly take as long as it's taking me to apply the labels
Old 01-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Andy,

Did you get the gloss or matte finish Krylon?
Old 01-14-2005, 04:34 PM

ky & Andy,
How permanent are the labels on the chips? If you decide 6 months from now you want a different theme could you easily replace the labels? That is if you wanted to spend the hours labeling again [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Someone mentioned that they were pleased with how well they stayed on but yet didn't think it would be that hard to remove/replace. Just curious on your thoughts.

- Fins
Old 01-14-2005, 04:58 PM

Ky - I used the matte finish and like it a lot.

As for how permanent, I think they are on there for good. Maybe you could pry the label off and try to clean the adhesive and residue with goo-gone, but I don't know.

They stick pretty darned good. Even when I just get a bit of an edge stuck during application and need to reposition, it takes a bit of "pull" to get it back off. And that's before I apply pressure to get it stuck.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 PM

Fins, I think that u would be able to get them off without too much trouble. I say this because there have been dozens of chips that I placed labels all the way on and then as I looked at it was not happy with how it was aligned so I just dug up a corner with my finger nail and pulled that label off.

I'm curios to see myself how long the labels will hold up....I hope I can get a good year out of em.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:50 AM

I'm finally finished....here are my pics...Although you can't tell on every pic, the text on the labels match the edge spots.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:53 AM

Damn those look unbelievable. How do they feel? My only concern with the nexgens is the weight. 12g's seems too high. I've heard a lot of good things about the nexgens. Lookin at those pics has convinced me to buy the nexgens and do the custom labels. What was your final overall cost for the set?
Old 01-15-2005, 10:56 AM

Also I'm torn on which design I like better, the on you used for the chips, or the one that you have when you post (With the AK on the bottom). Both are real nice. Can't figure out which I like better.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:20 PM

The feel took some getting use to (read my original post for more details) but I like them now. Cost was $36 bucks to my door for labels (1000) for 500 chips from both guys (read first post for details).

It took me a total of apprx 7 - 8 hours, over 3 nights, to apply the stickers but I was real particular about the placement of the labels. I probably averaged 1 minute a chip (when u factor in removing badly placed labels) and that's pretty slow