Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Default I\'m a LAG is that ok?

I'm experimenting with a hyper aggressive style. Below are the details tell me your opinion. 1. Raise with any 2 from cut off or button as long as there is no raise and there are only 1 or 2 Limpers. Fold to anyone who plays back at me. 2. Fire at any pot that I was the initial raiser on If no one else has or they make weak "flush draw" bets. Sometimes I bet pot sometimes 1/2 pot. Fold to anyone who plays back at me.Unless of course I hit the flop & think I have the best hand 3. If villan smooth calls small bets on flop fire again on 3rd street. Assuming no draws get completed. 4. If villan smooth calls any large bets pot or more on any street,. I'm done with the hand. 5. If I have any Flush draw or oesd I will bet or reraise bets to me ( I feel like this conceals my draw should I hit. 6. On occassion when in position put villan to huge decisions whenever he is acting weak - unless I have a read that he is strong and is baiting the trap. 7. Bet Big hands (high PP,set, or better) exactly as above. I seem to get paid off bigger on these. 8. Avoid big stacks, mutitablers who seem to be avg or better than avg, and short stacks who buy in short and play everyhand all in All of this is done at .10/.25 NL & .25/.50 NL. I'm doing well with the above. I normally play tight aggressive ABC. But I've only now (at low buy in) felt comfortable with this unconventional approach. I've been pretty good at avoiding being out kicked & in general knowing when I'm way behind. The swings are the biggest adjustment but I'm 4 tabling so I've usually scored big at 1 or 2 tables and it works out. How many winning players on this forum play this way or similar? What would you change? No potsized continuation bets? (This one hurts when it fails but takes it down ALOT) Ok long post. I'll wait on your flames/responses Straight Flushes, SAM