Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-18-2003, 10:04 AM

Default Re: State sponsored suicide bombings by children

You are FUN-NY.

I do not agree with the statement below, and I await a shred of evidence for this piece pure fiction:

"If you want to know what their [refers to "most arab governments"] true attitude is, look at what the government controlled schools teach their kids. That it is their duty to hate the west, to hate Israel, and that it is an honroable purpose to kill all the infidels who trespass on their land. "
Old 09-18-2003, 10:16 AM

LOL. I thought I'd try the closure non-sequitor. I learned that from the folks I've been arguing with and it makes as much sense, just interpret whatever they say any way you want.

You've responded with PA propaganda about suicide bombings against Israelis and the assertion that some Arab countries fund terrorists, neither of which I mentioned or queried.

I don't care what you queried, the only statement I wanted you to sign off on was that Arab states support the killing of Jews, and you've agreed to that now. I bargained high to get what I really wanted, it's a negotiating technique. You put your statement offer on the table in your last post, and now I'm accepting it.

Glad you've agreed with all the points I've made in *this* thread. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 10:58 AM

Ah I see. Making stuff up, which you were so righteously indignant about earlier, is now "bargaining high". I said that some Middle Eastern (not Arab, as you keep saying; one of the main two is Iran which as I've pinted out is not an Arab country) states support Palestinian terrorist organisations. So you may infer from that they seem to support the killing of Israelis under current citcumstances, which I condemn. You could have got me to agree with that without all this disingenuous crap; you just had to ask. Jews as a general term is wrong; as I posted elsewhere, Iran generally respects the rights of its small Jewish community, and certainly doesn't support the killing of them.

"Glad you've agreed with all the points I've made in *this* thread."

Something of an exaggeration. Meanwhile, I too am ready to accept your admission that you have no evidence for your untrue statement in the other thread.

Old 09-18-2003, 11:20 AM

Default BBC, TIME Magazine, ADL articles and quotes.

OK for you guys who won't even read some sources because you think they are too biased, here are some sources to which you shouldn't have that objection. Good, factual articles...enjoy.

BBC

School Trains Suicide Bombers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1446003.stm

BBC

Schooling for Holy Warriors-Pakistan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/369484.stm

ADL

PA TV Mosque Sermon Praises Suicide Attacks and Calls For End Of Israel, U.S. and U.K., quoted text

http://www.adl.org/israel/mosque_sermon2.asp

TIME magazine

Saudi Schools, Imams and U.S. Relations (4 pages)

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,331980-1,00.html

sorry, you will have to cut and paste the URL for the TIME article directly into the browser window since I am having trouble with the URL feature and my edit time may be about to expire

Old 09-18-2003, 11:21 AM

Something of an exaggeration. Meanwhile, I too am ready to accept your admission that you have no evidence for your untrue statement in the other thread.

Oh it's completely true, and I have seen the evidence. It's just that it was on TV, and now it's in my memory, and I can't post that on the web. So I know it's true, and you will have to remain ignorant until I get around to finding something on the web for you, if ever. Actually, you already saved me the trouble and admitted that you know such evidence exists when you said that surely I can find 1 article describing the hate propaganda that the Arab snots learn in school. So, since you are convinced that this evidence exists, I have no need to actually find it, and you essentially agree that children in Arab state sponsored schools are learning to be suicide bombers and kill Jews, just like I said all along.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:39 AM

Default Re: BBC, TIME Magazine, ADL articles and quotes.

From the last link:

Parents say they are fed up with the Wahhabist school curriculum, which rears students on a diet of intolerance. A typical passage from a sixth-grade history textbook vows that "Arabs and Muslims will succeed, God willing, in beating the Jews and their allies."

Bingo. I had some others like this earlier, but I lost them, and for some reason I couldn't call them back from the search engine again.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:43 AM

I hope this isn't aimed at me as I read all of Bruce's links.

"School Trains Suicide Bombers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1446003.stm "

This is an Islamic Jihad training camp, not an Arab governement-run school.

"BBC

Schooling for Holy Warriors-Pakistan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/369484.stm "

THis is an "Islamic school", not a
state-school - the article makes the distinction celar. FUrthermore, it is in Pakistan, not an Arab country. Finally, the implication is these boys are being trained to fight in Kashmir, which is a territorial dispute with India, and not to kill Western infidels.

"ADL

PA TV Mosque Sermon Praises Suicide Attacks and Calls For End Of Israel, U.S. and U.K., quoted text

http://www.adl.org/israel/mosque_sermon2.asp "

Bruce has already posted about this, and I've not disputed it. It has nothing to do with governement-run Arab schools.

"TIME magazine

Saudi Schools, Imams and U.S. Relations (4 pages)

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,331980-
1,00.html "

What are you referring to in this?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:48 AM

nicky, I'm just providing general related articles showing widespread Arab sentiment and indoctrination to hatred of the West and jihadism.

I'm not providing these links specifically and only regarding the PA and school texts, although there are shocking quotes from PA textbooks I can provide as well, but the sources aren't BBC, for instance.

I think Bruce's argument is more general than a narrow focus on PA school indoctrination, though this thread he started may be more specific. I'll dig up the SPECIFIC TEXBOOK QUOTES shortly.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:50 AM

Are these governement-run schools? It does not mention anything about killing tresspassing infidels. As I said previously, there are definitely schools teaching abhorrent things in Saudi Arabia, and I was surprised you couldn't find any references to them. Saudi Arabia is not representative of the Arab world as a whole.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:53 AM

"nicky, I'm just providing general related articles showing widespread Arab sentiment and indoctrination to hatred of the West and jihadism. "

What you've demonstrated, is militant Palestinan hate for Israel, Pakistani (non-Arab) indoctrination for the Kashmir conflict, and the existence of fundamentalist religious schools in Saudi Arabia. Thank you for the links.