Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Looked like an AQ to me

SB is tight with unknown aggression
BB is a hyper LAG

On the turn I say, "s*** AQ, I'm representing KK to take the free SD and get the BB's money in just in case I'm ahead."

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 12-28-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Looked like an AQ to me

So why the flop raise? It looks like SB's really not afraid of you and I'd suspect AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]/AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 99, or a bigger pocket after he leads into your pf-cap. You're not looking so hot against this range.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So why the flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

HU, I just call this down. But I have 2 b/d draws and I could still have the best hand.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:14 AM

You capped PF and he still led into you on the flop. With your read theres a much better chance you are behind. And the fact that he likes his hand enough to lead into a PF capper diminishes almost any shot of you getting a free card on the turn for any of your draws.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With your read theres a much better chance you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a read, though, I guess most tight players are also passive. FWIW, I do think you're right.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So why the flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

HU, I just call this down. But I have 2 b/d draws and I could still have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your backdoors are pretty close to worthless, though; you're drawing to a perfect-perfect backdoor straight and a one-card 5th-nut flush. IMO your equity is too low to raise even with the monkey in the middle padding the pot.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:48 AM

Flop raise is close but I'd probably do the same. After he leads the turn I would go into call down mode, plus you gain a bet if you hit your 10 on the river. River plays itself.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:56 AM

Is it possible that the SB is going for overcalls with the BB by bet/calling your raise on both the flop and turn?

If so, does this change his range to you?