Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: 77. kinda funky. PP10/20.

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it.

Super high variance. About 0EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked that this is coming from a kid that can't stop bitching when he loses [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's close btwn check/calling and betting the river. Some of these guys who suck are going to call with AQ or AJ on the river but will check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i'm thinking too. his opponent is rarely bluffing here.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think 99 or 88 will bet/fold the turn, while AJ/AQ will bet call (remember these guys likely suck)?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only big problem about their suckage is that the CO might pay off with 99 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
shocked that this is coming from a kid that can't stop bitching when he loses

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you didn't see my posts. I am poker zen.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am poker zen when I run good, yet I still play 1,000 hands/week and think I suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 12:39 AM

Preflop, I would cap.

On the flop I fold, but the turn play is interesting if you think CO is good. But since you have no reads, you are just firing and hoping something good happens. On the river you should probably check fold.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:01 AM

This seems fine except imo a river bet is much better than c/c. You'll be called by A-high quite often but almost never bluffed.

I think the primary mistake that BK and perhaps others are making is giving CO way too much credit after his flop donk. An unknown flop donker at 10/20 can have a huge range, including pairs of 5's, 4's, 76, 87, A2, A3, 66, 33/22 and even total air. Folding the flop would be a mistake.

The turn has some two-way bluffing equity because besides possibly making CO fold 88/99 there is also a decent chance of making button fold QQ/JJ/99/88 all of which fit pretty well in his range.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river you should probably check fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
woah.
i thought the decision was between betting and checkcalling... i expected some of the better players to say i should go ahead and VB.
checkfolding this riv is pretty silly considering im beating his two way most likely hands... lots of donks will autobluff in a pot this big when HU on river which was the reason i went w/ the check.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Super high variance. About 0EV. IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
really??
i thought my preflop call mightve been thin and my river play may have been incorrect, but continuing past flop has got to be way +++EV, i havent seen anything but weakness displayed by either of them... COs donkbet = weakness, BN "just" call = weakness. i thought if i did CR flop no1 would fold and id be setting myself up to be outplayed or spew chips on turn, so i called...
now i get to turn, decent card... bet, checkcall, or checkraise? all are viable and theyre all better than checkfolding (4 one bet)...
i went for the checkraise cause it allows me to trap some more of BNs $$ and represent big strength so i get to put the squeeze on CO when he has me beat w/ 88/99.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 AM

You might already be beat on the flop (remember not everyone plays their hands how you would) and when you are you've got 2 outs so it's tough to improve, and when you are ahead they've got 6-10 outs to hit vs you. I think these factors make it super close EV-wise.

BTW I think I favor betting the river.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You might already be beat on the flop (remember not everyone plays their hands how you would)

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously... if i was against good TAGs (me), i would have much more to worry about given the actiion... bad small stakes players check TP in COs spot and raise TP in BNs spot... this is a near universal truth and why i felt i needed to continue...
[ QUOTE ]
and when you are you've got 2 outs so it's tough to improve, and when you are ahead they've got 6-10 outs to hit vs you. I think these factors make it super close EV-wise.

[/ QUOTE ]
suresure... this is the reason i did not raise flop... not much value there and almost no chance of getting HU... no point.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I think I favor betting the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
me2, but im still not sure about that... hopefully dcifrthis wont chime in and say its close so it doesnt matter what u do... that annoys me, i dont really buy that.