Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Default BANKROLL FOR HIGH STAKE POKER

Posts like this are pretty dumb and get nothing but flamed. Nothing like the caps key stuck too.

Should I be nuking posts like this (or moving them to general hold-em) or let them be. They're almost never going to get serious replies and just take away from the good content IMO. I don't want to step on too many toes as a moderator though.

thread here
Old 12-13-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: BANKROLL FOR HIGH STAKE POKER

I'd just delete it. If it was better phrased I'd guess it's kindof a NVGish question, but as is it's just worthless.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:33 PM

I'm a high stakes lurker and I do notice this garbage coming up occasionally. I may only be an ML mod but maybe my opinion is worth listening too anyhow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I generally am laize faire with this kinda stuff. It will generate a few (deserved) flames, but usually die out. I let it take it's natural course. It teaches lurkers and newbies what is and is not acceptable (the flames and sarcasm). However, if it got too big, or did not drop off the front page in a reasonably short ammount of time, I would just lock it. You probably don't even need to note why as it's self explanatory.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:15 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

delete and pm the OP
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Threads like this should generally be locked. In my opinion, deleting the thread is not appopriate and that is an action that should only be taken for extremely inappropriate threads, like spam or highly offensive posts. Moving this to general holdem would be okay too, whether to do that or lock is totally a judgment call on your part.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i delete things if they're totally worthless because it's a waste of a click for lots of people. they'll open the thread, look at it, realize they can't reply, etc. i can see locking certain things to 'make an example of them', but i wouldn't do such things if i moderated higher stakes because it's not an ultra trafficked forum and i doubt there would be any learning potential for other would-be bad posters.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM

I move them to BBV or Begginers