Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Certainly there\'s a better line

Villain here is nutso. Something like 65/30, but also hyper aggresssive post-flop.

But he tends to back down to aggression with hands like middle pair. Flop is J34 (two spades, I think), I raised his flop bet with AK, then he checks all the way down with 88.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Certainly there\'s a better line

Either 3 bet the flop, or if you think he'll fire again calldown. From the read it looks like he only gets passive if he has a marginal made hand, he gets aggro with nothing right?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:31 AM

How does he play when he actually has a hand? Does he play them fast or is he opposite guy? Opposite guy caps the flop with air and check calls his set. I think that's a pretty good flop for your fours. If he slowplays his good hands then I would call him down.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:35 AM

you say he backs down to aggression. you haven't exposed him to that yet. So the "super-aggressiv-postflop"-read remains. therefore I'd 3bet the flop and look what happens. if he calls, I donk the turn, fold to a raise.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:31 AM

man thats a bad fold

i probably call the flop raise, c/c the turn and bet/call the river as long as no ace comes
Old 12-13-2005, 04:33 AM

You've got this read on this guy for being way out of line postflop and you're folding a pair on a pretty ragged board against him. I think you gotta see a showdown here.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 AM

The king isn't a very good card for Hero at this point. I think I would've played it the same way, fwiw. Not sure if that's correct or not.

What was your plan on a brick turn?

Edit: I'm a little confused by your read
Old 12-13-2005, 05:09 AM

I very much dislike the postflop play given your preflop 3-bet, which, IMO, is very thin at best. (Especially if you're giving up here!) He always has overcards and position and since he's very aggressive you're going to be forced into making really marginal calldowns or else you're going to be folding the winner often. It's just a really tough spot.

Now that being said there's no effing way I would fold this here. If he'll bet-bet I can't see a reason not to call-call.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:35 AM

Actually I thought about it and I think folding is pretty bad as long as the guy is aggressive.

The king might not be a good card, but the board itself is TERRIFIC right now. Unless he has a PP &gt; 4 there are only 5 cards he can hold that have us beat.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 AM

i think 3bet flop, if capped, c/f the turn. if i don't 3bet the flop i will call down and see what donkeyboy is playing with.

i don't like the turn fold.