Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:45 PM

Default How do I send a large video over the internet?

I apologize for my cluelessness. I am a hall of fame computer moron. Making a 2+2 post is a banner achievement for me.

I made a video using camstasia which is about 40 minutes long. It appears that the file size is almost exactly 1 Gig. I talked to some others and they were surprised it wasn't much, much smaller, but that remains a mystery.

I need to figure out how to send the video to someone over the internet. Is there a way to compress it somehow? Will zipping it work? Can I do it over AIM? E-mail?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 12-11-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: How do I send a large video over the internet?

If it is under a gig, www.yousendit.com should work. It really shouldn't be that big though. When you record it, you need to use some codec to get a better compression. I am not exactly sure how this stuff works, but when I use CamStudio, I always record with the XviD codec. My single table videos are usually around 15 megs.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: How do I send a large video over the internet?

http://www.yousendit.com/, or gmail

the way to compress a video is to use some kind of video compression, once that is done zip usually wont do much if anything. if it is an avi file it is probably the case that your resolution settings or your frame rate are unnecessarily high. i would think camstasia would have something to help you out with this, but I've never used it.