Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:05 AM

Default 2 hands vs. same villian

OK, I'm two-tabling on my lame small site on a Saturday nite. I'm taking a shot at a NL500 game and am doing pretty well. Very happy with the way I'm playing with the bet amounts being more than I am used to...and I'm up. And I also have a NL100 table open because it's about the only other juicy game at this time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I feel I'm playing goot at NL500, but after these two hands, I feel totally lost at NL100. Go figure.

These two hands happened against the same villian in the NL100 game, full table. The hand previous to these two hands, I raised UTG with KK, a 50bb stack raised me, and I put them all-in preflop and my KK held up. So I have about $160 at the start of this hand, villian has about $130 (villian is NOT the 50bb guy, just mention that hand because I am not sure if it influences these hands or not.)

Hand #1

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 0.50.
4 folds, Villian calls $1, 2 folds, SB calls .50, Hero raises to $6, Villian calls $5, SB folds.

Flop: ($12.50) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $9, Villian calls $9.

Turn: ($29.50) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $20, Villian raises to $40, Hero calls $20.

River: ($108) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $30, Hero calls $30.

----------------------

Hand #2 Same villian, two hands later.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 0.50.
2 folds, Villian calls $1, 2 folds, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, Villian calls $4, 1 fold.

Flop: ($12) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets $10, Villian calls $10.

Turn: ($31) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Villian bets $16, Hero calls $16.

River: ($62) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players)</font>
Villian bets $50, Hero folds.

Villian is a LAG. So, in the course of 4 hands I get dealt KK, QQ, then AA...and I manage to lose 2 of the 3, as I lost both of these hands. Comments welcome everywhere.

PS. I got it all back less than an orbit later, when I got AK in the BB, PFR's a bunch of limpers, flop KKQ, and two guys chased and missed. Cards are coming, maybe some operator error happening.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: 2 hands vs. same villian

In the first hand,he knows that you have an overpair,&amp; he knows that you will call.Therefore,he's not bluffing.You're beat.
In the second hand,he could possibly have a K &amp; know he's going to call anyway,so he bets.But,in a small stakes game, this is not as likely as him having a Q.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 AM

Hand 1 - I think you have to lay it down on the turn. You've taken 2 shots at the pot and he's not going anywhere. I think we're beat in this hand.

Hand 2 - I think you have to raise the turn. Make it $50-$60 straight.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:42 AM

Hand 1 I'm lost as well, I probably lose the same as you did. Hand 2 I'm more inclined to think he has K6 instead of KQ.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 AM

Hand 1, I also think you need to fold on the turn. Looks like a set or 98.

Hand 2, I also like raising the turn. I don't think he'd play 33 or KQ this way. I would raise and expect Kx or Qx to call. Raise the turn and it's less likely you make a mistake on the river.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:56 AM

Fold turn on hand 1 and possibly dont bet.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:02 AM

Hand 2 I wonder if he had QcXc.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:47 PM

1) Do something different on the turn. If he is LAGgy check-call can't be so bad can it?

2) I am more inclined to raise the turn here. Looks like a flush draw that is pricing itself in. Q may or may not have hit him, but it's a mandatory stab at the pot for him the way he played the turn.