Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: brrr its cold outside

It is 33 with a windchill of 23 here. I have the thermostat up to 78 now in my room because my body is so [censored] cold from being outside with just an open collared shirt and a suit jacket all day.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fuc k you, San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reminded of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's weather broadcast when he visited Hawaii.

Oh no, Hawaii is threatened by three days of ... SHADE!

SCREW YOU, HAWAII!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Greetings from San Diego. It was freezing here all day too. I think it only managed to get up to, like, 65 or so. Must be Global Cooling.

[/ QUOTE ]

did it really hit 65 today? i thought it was pretty chilly out. maybe 60.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Currently 20 degrees here in Rochester, New York. Meh, used to it over the years. Last winter wasnt that bad, actually.

Its funny how people up here see 60 degree days as "perfect" weather, and people down south are freezing to death. Hmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moved to DC after 3 years at RIT. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday, it wasn't even sticking. My boss comes over to my desk around 3 and tells me that if I'm worried about the snow I can leave early. I looked at him and asked if he was serious and laughed.

Sooo ridiculous here compared to western ny. People think 30 degrees is absolutely frigid.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:19 PM

That's how it is here in Southern California with rain. A drizzle comes up and people start slamming on their brakes so they can suddenly drop their speed by 30 miles an hour -- AS A SAFETY MEASURE. They start doing all kinds of crazy things that make the roads much more dangerous, like they've never driven in rain or even seen it before. All the ACTION NEWS reporters get in their helicopters and start screaming into their mikes; when they're on the ground they use umbrellas as props even when there's no rain going on at the moment, and promise instant live coverage of the terrifying sprinkle. You'd think it was time to build an Ark and the final judgment was coming down.

The sense of panic is bizarre for someone used to even a little rain.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:24 PM

I love cold weather, I miss connecticut.

Last night, with the temperature at freezing, I drive from Austin to Houston from midnight-3:00. I find out on the trip that my heater is broken. I could see my breath the entire way.

I do love cold weather, but I swear I need to buy more cold weather clothes.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Oh man, I remember those days, and I am glad I don't live in Montana any more. Nose hairs freezing and watching spit freeze in 5 seconds was always waaaaaaay too lame for me. Miss the snow and the mountains though. Nothing quite like seeing fresh snow on the rockies on a clear night. Maybe if you were lucky you got to see the Northern Lights. Have fun skating Ray.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20 below tonight at my house and high of only maybe 5 or so tommorrow.
winter has really come to montana. the rest of the country has some cold as well.

the ice is now solid so my ice skates are at the door ready to skate at the pond or in town. maybe too much snow on the ground for me to want to shovel off the pond so i guess i will go into town and skate at the park. i like it to be up at least zero degrees though or my toes may get a little cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

the rattlesnakes must be tightly balled tonight.

good skating.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM

Cold snap + Edmonton, Alberta - sanity = ~ -28 w/ wind chill.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Currently 20 degrees here in Rochester, New York. Meh, used to it over the years. Last winter wasnt that bad, actually.

Its funny how people up here see 60 degree days as "perfect" weather, and people down south are freezing to death. Hmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moved to DC after 3 years at RIT. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday, it wasn't even sticking. My boss comes over to my desk around 3 and tells me that if I'm worried about the snow I can leave early. I looked at him and asked if he was serious and laughed.

Sooo ridiculous here compared to western ny. People think 30 degrees is absolutely frigid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right....
I went to visit RIT on 1 April a few years ago and it was snowing... I'm like I don't think so RIT.