Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: LIVE 20. KK. NOT SURE I LIKE MY HAND.

BB and SB have both openly commented on my aggression several times...
i dont think they either were pissed, but they definitely were openly kidding around about my betting/raising... even when i was in a hand.
they werent trying to be rude, it was good-natured and i didnt mind at all. despite the fact that these guys have prob played holdem regularly longer than ive been alive, they werent adjusting and threebetting me light or anything, but they are smart enough to know my EP raise does not automatically mean a big pair.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thing else in your set up a misdirection?

[/ QUOTE ]
are u kidding?
of course i put him on AA-QQ, but im not a fvcking mindreader.
earlier he threebet an EP raise from a wild player w/ AK.
he also threebet his own BB after an EP raise w/ AA. those are the only times ive seen him raise before the flop. ive never seen him cap preflop.
he has grey hair.
in the AA hand, he took the flop HU. he got raised on KTx and called, then checkcalled down. the pther player showed AK and he won.
next time i face a tough hand reading spot like tis, i will PM you b4 i act on my hand and u can tell me what they have.

remember this pot was 4 bets 4 ways preflop so im not auto giving up o the flop after in comes 9high. if u would fold flop for one bet w/ 2 kings getting 17:1 immediately, fine w/ me. say so.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:15 AM

I'm not sure why your inability to articulate yourself makes me such a bad guy. My problem with the turn raise is that it doesn't chase the loose guy with any piece of the board and it probably isn't necessary for the other nit

I wondered: if you are even money or worse on that particularly piece of change, and it has little to do with whether or not you win the pot, why would the greatest player on earth do it. Presumably he has a completely rad gangsta playa rational, because well, he's so awesome, so he must have left something out in the set up, or I must be confused by it... so I asked questions along those lines.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Then I think it's fine.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 AM

Default resultz

so, he rolls 99 for top set, wow.
me and every other sane player at the table does a double take like, WTF?!?
he exlpains that he didnt want to fold pre and thought he had to see a flop so he went ahead and capped, but he was playing strictly for set value and if no 9 flops he is check/folding...
wow.
seriously... he had the table shaking their collective head in confusion after this explanation.