Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

have mucked up this hand... by making it possible to get played off the best hand here. Nice donk bet on the end! I don't know how you can call, but I also don't know how I could fold either. Both leave terrible after effects to your metagame image.

Donking and folding looks bad as well as donking and calling looks bad... even if you have the best hand. Check call would of been better if you want to show the hand down. Donk betting is bad with that river b/c she knows that you don't have a J and you allow her to play you off the best hand. She correctly reasons that you would n't play a jack like that over the course of the entire hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:37 PM

ive played with her before and my basic read on her is that shes very retardo preflop but her postflop game is very tight (when she raises, it's generally something that has me crushed) and generally she doesnt raise that river without something that beats you. other people will disagree but based on my experience with her i think it's a fold.i guess you're thinking about 3betting but i dont think she folds TT--88 here.

also i dont like your river bet.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:40 PM

I don't mind the river bet against Liz, because she is very aggro and specially if you have a bit of a weak tight image, she might think raising is her only way to win with an AK type hand. Just make sure you call the raise. I think check calling the river is close. I would never check fold to her on that board.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I can confirm that she was one of the few people who inspired the term Floater ("trademark MS aka Nomar)

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of her as a floater. She is friends with all of the floaters, but when I played with her, she tended to be doing a lot raising, not floating. I consider her a very good LAG.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me. Its kinda close but since her three betting range is fairly big, and there are ton of draws that you could have missed I think you need to bet. If you feel like you cant fold to a raise, and she is going to be poping you with stuff like 99 for value then it probably becomes a tougher decision. Given the board and the action I really dont think you can fold the river, especailly if you feel like you have a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really think her 3 betting range is that big here? We raised utg+1.
I think the preflop play stinks by the way. Just muck the 4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the preflop play stinks bad b/c BK has been playing pots but not dragging any pots. IE his image is terrible. I think her 3 bet range could be quite wide b/c of how BK has been playing. He has been playing pots and losing, seems like ripe time to take a shot at BK by MS Lieu.

On a side note... I agree with whoever said to ask her to marry you... she is definitely good looking.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:58 PM

someone please explain to me what a floater is?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone please explain to me what a floater is?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 PM

I believe it's someone who makes loose calls of raises preflop in order to 'outplay' the raiser postflop.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 PM

haven't read the replies, but my experence is she is a rock, adn so you are toast. but the pot is big enough i think you need to call. but generally i think pf was bad and the rest is standard, tho you might be able to fold the turn.
dave
Old 12-04-2005, 11:46 PM

no one in a 2-4 game has ever or will ever fold a hand that is beating you on the river in this spot. ever.
dave